\18\

Sometimes I wonder what I'm even doing here. Jim is the Trollhunter, he has a duty and a destiny to follow. He's strong and obviously capable of taking care of himself. Claire and Toby might not have weapons to defend themselves but at least they try and help out wherever they can. Claire is intelligent and brave. Toby is kind-hearted and adventurous. I'm just... useless.

I'm not strong, I'm not smart, and I'm definitely not adventurous enough for this. I love hanging out with these guys but sometimes I wonder if they even want me around. Sure Jim said he wanted me by his side but I can't do anything right. First, it was the mud Golem. I ran away instead of trying to at least make sure my own brother was okay. Then the time in Gotto's Keep when Argh had to save me because I was frozen in fear.

You think that's bad? Wait until you hear what happened next.

Jim was struggling to get up after falling out of a tree. Claire, Toby, and Blinky were searching for the Killstone. Argh was nowhere to be seen after Angor Rot kicked him into the bushes. The white troll turned and smirked. He was about to attack my friends. With no other options, I finally decided to be brave and so something, even if it meant getting hurt in the process.

I stepped in front of the scary-looking troll to try and distract him long enough for Jim or someone to rescue me. He sneered and went to attack. I quickly dodged his blade and he hit a tree. But what I didn't realize was that the tree had turned to stone and was slowly crumbling. Angor Rot ran out of the way. I was confused as to why he ran, but I quickly realized why after I turned around to see the stone tree about to crush me.

"Look out!" I heard a deep voice shout before I was suddenly shoved aside. It was Argh. He managed to get us both out of the way, but Angor Rot came out of nowhere and attacked again. Argh and Angor began fighting and I quickly moved out of the way.

After some more fighting, Toby found the Killstone but Angor Rot rushed in to retrieve it. Claire ran into one of his portals to get it back. When she returned she didn't have the stone, but she did manage to steal his magic portal staff.

After the Quagawumps thanked us we all got ready to head back to Troll Market. Blinky, Claire, Toby, and Jim all climbed onto the Gyre. I noticed Argh was walking slower than normal so I stayed behind for a moment. Argh was about to climb aboard but he stopped and lifted his arm. My eyes widened. "Argh! You're hurt." I said.

He quickly dropped his arm back down. "Not hurt. Fine." He said but I didn't believe him one bit.

"It happened because of me, didn't it?" I mumbled. The words escaped my mouth by accident. I couldn't take it back though 'cause Argh had heard me.

"No. My fault. Not yours." He said before joining the others who had been too distracted by their own conversations to notice us. I followed him onto the Gyre but I didn't say anything to the others about his injury. it didn't seem like he wanted anyone to know.

Even when I try to help I just seem to make everything worse. I know Argh had said that it wasn't my fault but the guilt ate away at me anyway.

Once we got back to Troll Market Jim left to speak with the Troll Council, leaving the rest of us in The Hero's Forge. Claire had decided that the "Shadow Staff" is hers now. The Trolls didn't argue with her which wasn't surprising. Claire is stubborn, when she makes a decision there's no changing her mind. Toby didn't like it though and made that very clear as he began ranting to Argh about how unfair it was that she got a weapon and he didn't.

Toby was so busy being angry and jealous that he didn't notice the pain Argh was in. I noticed it though and it took every fiber of my being to stop myself from telling the others. After some time Claire finally managed to make a small portal. Toby's jealousy sky-rocketed. An argument broke out. Claire nearly took Toby's head off with a portal. The whole thing was ridiculous, but eventually, Jim came back and everyone settled down a bit.

But it was obvious Toby hadn't gotten over the whole situation and things were bound to get worse...

(Sorry, the chapter is super short. I've been really busy lately. Chapter nineteen will be done soon though.)