/17/

The Quagawumps began to sing and dance. It sounded utterly beautiful. Though I prefer art instead of music, I do like rock music though. I don't normally listen to soft tempo music unless my mom was around because she was always playing that kind of stuff. I never really liked it, but this was actually kind of nice.

"A song of a Quagawump." Blinky smiled. "No outsider has ever heard such a rare delight."

The Quagawumps even began preparing a feast. Though I'm pretty sure Toby got all the good stuff. All we got were these slimy worm-looking things. No way in hell I'm eating those, but Blinky and Argh seemed to enjoy them. Everything seemed to be going great. When we first came I was doubtful, but I think we might actually pull this off.

Toby then started telling his tale of his life at Arcadia Oaks High. It was okay at first, but the story got longer and longer until it became apparent that we were going to be there a while. It got to the point where we were all basically falling asleep as we waited for Toby to just finish already.

"I'm going to punch him in the mouth if he doesn't shut up soon." Claire groaned in annoyance. I was so bored, I was about ready to do the same.

Claire and I were laying on top of Argh who was fast asleep on the ground. Blinky and Jim were sat beside him. Jim then stood and headed over to Toby. Claire stood up and watched while I closed my eyes, about ready to fall asleep myself. I didn't even notice when I actually did doze off.

I woke up though when Argh shifted to try and stand. I yawned and climbed off of him. "Still tired?" I heard Argh ask.

"Not anymore. Sorry for falling asleep on you." I felt a bit bad and embarrassed for doing that. Argh didn't seem to have a problem with it though, which I was glad for.

Argh then stood and I finally noticed that everyone else was dancing. The Quagawumps were repeating the same phrase. "Boom, boom, shake the room, say what?" It was an odd song and dance but it was pretty catchy as well.

I then noticed Argh hold out his hand. "Dance?"

My eyes widened a tad. "Oh, I've uh... I've never danced before." I looked away. I never really had a chance to dance. My parents were very strict.

Claire overheard the conversation and she chuckled. "Come on, it's not hard." Claire smiled at Jim who was dancing as well, he was definitely not good at it but no one seemed bothered by his horrible dancing skills. "Just move to the beat."

I glanced at the others before looking back at Argh. "Um, okay. I guess I can try." I put my hand in his and he tugged me over to where everyone else was dancing. After letting go of my hand he began dancing. I stood there awkwardly for a moment. Then I tried swaying to the music. Eventually, I loosened up enough and just danced my own way. Nobody stared, and nobody seemed to notice me at all. For once I was glad that I felt invisible.
Except for Argh, he would glance over at me every now and then, but I assumed he was just checking to make sure I was okay. He's such a nice troll. I totally understand why Toby gets along with him so well. We've been spending more time together but I still hope to get to know him better. It's just kind of hard with his vocabulary. I heard from Blinky that Argh is actually way better at speaking Trollish than English.

I really got to talk to Claire about teaching me Trollish soon.

Suddenly everyone stopped dancing and I did the same. The sound of loud stomping feet got closer. Then a large green Quagawump with a gold crown walked in. "What manner mischief this be?!" He asked. We all quickly learned that he is the pretend king of the Quagawumps and they want Toby to fight him.

Well, for a moment there we were all having fun. Guess that couldn't last forever.

Blungo, the pretend king, then picked up Toby and shook him. Toby got scared and revealed our whole plan to the Quagawumps. "The Killstone!" Blinky suddenly shouted and pointed up at the crown which had a green jewel in it.

Jim got his armor on and got ready to attack. Argh and Claire stepped forward to back him up. I took a step back, already knowing that I'd just get in the way and probably make everything worse.

Everyone stopped when a black portal opened up above Blungo and a white troll dropped out of it and landed on top of Blungo. The troll then stabbed Blungo in the back and he quickly turned to stone.

"Angor Rot!" Jim shouted. A weird mark glowed on Jim's face after the white troll said some sort of spell then Jim's sword was pulled from his hands and flew into Angor Rots' awaiting hand. I remember Claire telling me all about Angor Rot at school.

He seemed a lot more terrifying in person.