/7/

"Jim, you alright?" I asked. Jim had just suddenly bounced awake and fell to the floor, hitting his head pretty hard. The only reason I knew that was because I was standing in his doorway with two plates of food when it happened.

Jim stood and laid back onto his bed. "What time is it?" He groaned, pulling the blanket back over his head.

I sighed and walked over before pulling it off of him. "It's seven o'clock. You slept through your alarm so I decided to make breakfast." I said, putting his plate on his bedside table next to his alarm clock. "I also made mom breakfast. But I'm not making lunch, that's your job."

"Wait..." Jim sat up and grabbed his plate while staring at it with wide eyes. "You made food?" He asked. It was odd because I'm normally too lazy to do anything let alone make breakfast for everyone. "And... You called mom, mom." He smiled up at me.

I huffed and looked away from him. "Whatever. Just eat your food." I turned to leave his room. "It's not as good as your food, but I hope it's at least better than mom's cooking." I smirked to myself. I heard Jim chuckle behind me. I then headed towards Barbara's room.

I opened the door to find she was still asleep. I sighed then gently shook her awake. "I made breakfast," I said as I sat the plate down on her bedside table.

"Thanks, Jim..." She mumbled, her eyes still closed.

I rolled my eyes. "You're welcome." I didn't bother to correct her, I didn't really care if she thought Jim made the food. I then left her room and went downstairs. I already had my backpack on and I was ready for the day to begin. Even though I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep.

That's the real reason I made breakfast. I was bored and tired, it seemed like the only thing I could do. Plus, now I know what Jim's going through. I thought it'd be nice for him to take a break. That's why I didn't wake him and decided to make breakfast myself.

I yawned as I sat down on the sofa and turned the tv on. I watched Gun Robot as Jim made everyone lunch for later. As I was watching the screen my thoughts trailed off to Trolls. If this got out, everyone would be hunting them down. This is the first time I've ever had to keep such a big secret. Jim's been doing so well at keeping this hidden...

But what if one of us slips up?

What if I slip up?

"Lunch is done." Jim tossed me a brown paper bag and I caught it. "BLT, just the way you like it." He smiled. He put mom's lunch in the fridge as I put mine in my backpack. He then shoved his into his bag before we both went to the garage and got our bikes. Toby was outside waiting, as usual.

Jim handed Toby a lunch before we all rode to school through the canal. We just barely beat the bell and headed straight to class. After the first class though we were all called to the gym for an assembly. The coach was at the mic talking, but I wasn't paying attention to anything he was saying. The mole mascot was racing around behind him. It was pretty amusing.

Jim was blabbing on about his dreams while Toby was entranced by the mascot. Soon enough coach started naming off the nominees for King and Queen. "Shannon Longhannon, Darci Scott, and Mary Wang. And for the boys. Steve Palchuk, Eli Pepperjack, and Jim Lake Junior."

Jim was shocked, apparently, Claire was as well. I didn't really care. I was just glad no one voted for me. Not that they would, I mean, I don't do anything for this school or for anyone really. It's not like I was hoping to get nominated or anything.

"Our nominees will compete in a series of challenges to win your vote. Each nominee will propose a theme for the dance." Coach Lawrence suddenly shouted, "I like disco! I've got to boogie! That is all." Then he left the gym. The other students started standing and leaving but I stayed behind with Jim and Toby a bit longer.

Jim was freaking out, he already had a lot on his plate. This was just another obstacle in his way. Toby, on the other hand, thought this was the greatest thing ever and wanted Jim to go for it. "Jim Lake for spring king!" Toby yelled as the last of the students left.

Jim turned to me. "What do you think I should do?" He asked. I opened my mouth to answer but the bell rang. Jim sighed. "Well, we don't want to be late for class." They then got up to leave. I soon followed them out then went my own way to class.

When class ended I went with Jim back to Heartstone Trollmarket. He needed to train and he wanted me to join. Of course, Jim didn't message mom, so I decided to do it instead. Jim and I have a study group with Claire and Toby. We'll be home later. Then I made sure to tell Jim the excuse so if mom asks him he knows.

We went to the heroes forge and I waited for Jim as he went to visit the ghost council. I sat down and started working on my homework. The sooner I got it done the sooner I could focus on helping Jim. It's weird... Just days ago I would have left Jim to fend for himself. Now, all I want to do is help him.

I guess I really have bonded with my family...

- Yo, Jessie here, just wanted to say thanks to those who stuck around this long waiting for an update. I was going to completely rewrite this chapter but I'm too lazy for that so here we go. The next chapter should be out soon, just got to edit it and stuff. Thanks again. Laters~