/5/

Today was the day. I finally had a talk with Jim and asked him about his strange disappearances. Apparently he did want to tell me everything, but he had been scared that I was going to run off or something. I mean, how bad could this be?

"Okay, you sure you're ready?" Jim asked for the hundredth time. I nodded my head once again. I then waited impatiently as we stood under the bridge in the canal. Toby and Claire were stood a few feet away. He said in order to tell me everything it'd be easier to just show me.

Claire decided to join us because she hasn't been here either. She was bouncing on the heels of her feet, excited for what was about to happen. I still had no idea what was going on. I just hoped it wasn't some creepy occult or something like that.

Jim sighed before turning around and facing the wall. Jim then pulled out a crystal rock from his bag. He turned back and held it out to Claire. "Would you like to do the honors?" He asked. She gladly took the crystal and walked over to the wall.

Toby went to explain what to do but she was already doing it. She drew a semi-circle then placed her hand on it. My eyes widened as the wall broke away to reveal an opening. Claire ran in while Jim followed. I was still stuck in my spot, lost for words.

Toby nudged me and I was knocked out of my daze. I walked in and Toby followed. The wall reappeared behind us, closing the doorway we had just walked through. "Claire, Anna. Welcome to Troll Market." Jim smiled.

A crystal staircase began forming underneath us. Claire ran down and Jim chased after her. Toby began to follow them and I was still staring at the steps beneath us. They had appeared out of nowhere like magic. Just like the door. Actual real-life magic.

"Hurry up or we'll leave you behind!" I heard Toby call out, his voice echoing off the walls. I quickly made my way down the stairs and stopped at the bottom. There was an entire civilization living under our feet and we didn't even know it. And it was beautiful.

Claire started running around, pointing out what things were 'cause apparently they told her a lot about this place before coming here. And, of course, they didn't tell me anything. So I had no clue as to what was going on. All I knew was one thing that was going to change my life forever.

Trolls exist.

That was the only thought that ran through my head as we walked after Claire. At some point during the tour, I got left behind. I blinked in surprise when I realized Jim, Toby, and Claire had disappeared. I was now stranded in Troll Market with mystical creatures that I still couldn't believe were real. And, to top it off, I had no clue how I was going to find them again.

Wonderful.