Bloody 23: Rewind

Bloody 23: Rewind

Roen Astrid.

(A total massacre. What a disturbing choice.) Mr. Davine's voice entered my ears but I didn't bother to reply.

At this moment, irregular lines appeared at the blue sky, creating large cracks as if it will break into pieces anytime soon. The crisp sounds entered my ears followed by an intense shaking of the ground. The tall trees around me started falling towards one another like a domino.

I watched quietly as the entire place collapsed, not giving a damn to the upcoming danger. Amidst the chaos, I find the situation before my eyes peaceful and soothing.

"What a magnificent view. Even the unreachable sky can break into pieces and the tall sturdy trees can waver and fall," I muttered absentmindedly.

Someday, I will turn this view into reality. Like the unreachable sky, the high and mighty royals will break into pieces. Like the tall sturdy trees, the corrupt leaders will waver and fall. Every root. Every branch. Every part. I will ruin every single one of them until they collapse beyond repair.

The ultimate fall of the royal family.

One day, I will make it happen. I will witness their tragic ends with my own bloody eyes.

I breathed heavily, my hands trembled from the ruthless thoughts destroying my rationality.

(Wake up, little master. I'm afraid your deep eyes would devour my beloved cage entirely.) Mr. Davine's voice pulled me back from the verge of losing control.

Huminga ako ng malalim at muling ngumiti. (Admit it, old geezer. My performance was so great it made your fake teeth fall.) I laughed.

(W-who! What fake teeth! Who has fake teeth?! Oh heavens, I think I might kill a student today,) Mr. Davine replied angrily, making me laugh even harder. How I wish I can see his irritated face right now.

(Forgive me once, teacher. I'm just excited to receive my reward for completing the task.)

(Don't celebrate yet, little guard. It's true that you've somehow accomplished the task. However, your performance is very unsightly. You may have escaped the rage of the freezing night but once you return in the gymnasium, you will face the rage of your fellow students. They are very hostile towards you.)

( It was to be expected. After all, I chose to kill everyone. I have no regrets though. Aren't I smart? Killing them before the eye does it. I know very well that they had perceived me as a selfish villain, but I have to disappoint you, teacher. At the end, they will see me as a brave hero.)

He snorted.

(Shameless brat. The show is not yet over, is it? Lovely, I'm looking forward to it.)

(I'm afraid the show has just began, teacher.)

(Interesting. I will not stay idle then.)

At some point, my breathing suddenly stopped, my eyes widened as my body became stiff and paralyzed. I remember that this has happened to me during the first stage of the game as well but this time, everything literally halted. The sky's cracks stopped from spreading, the tall trees paused midway from falling and the shaking ground settled, leaving the fine particles of dust and debris floating in the air.

The time completely stopped.
Everything was distorted and blurry. At my paralyzed state, I saw the huge eye above with the dagger I threw a while ago deeply planted on its pupil.

Unti-unting lumalim ang pagkakabaon nito na tila hinihigop ito ng mata hanggang sa tuluyan na itong nawala. The golden brown iris shone more radiantly.