Imagine #5 - It's Over

I

knew things were gonna end sooner or later. I mean, relationships that start at 15 don't last forever.

I always hoped my relationship would be like a fairy tale. Where we laugh and have fun and do a lot of fun activities together.
I mean, me and Quinton did a lot together. But I knew it wouldn't last. I was just enjoying it while it did.

She confirmed me feelings.

Quinton was always messaging Cynthia. Always in the phone with her. He went live with her. In TeaTok if it had something to do with her, he would constantly defend her. Anytime she got brought up, he blushed blood red.

He was falling for her.

So, it was time for me to let him go.

"Quinton."
"Yea babe?"
"Can we talk?"
"Yea."

Quinton shut off his game and sat next to me on the bed. A decent ways away.

"What's going on?"
"Quinton. I need you to be honest with me."
"What's up?"
"Do you like her?"
"Who?"
"Cynthia."
"Will you be mad if I said yes?"
"No. "
"I do."
"Its okay Quin. I knew it was ending. I think it's for the best."
"Yea. I'm sorry. I didnt mean for it to happen"
"Its okay. No one ever does. You're attracted to her. I don't blame you. She is beautiful."
"Yea. She is."
"So. This is it?"
"Yea. I- uh. I guess it is."
"Thank you for the best two years of my life."
"Anytime. I'm sorry it ended with me finding someone new."
"It's okay Quinton. I knew deep down it wasn't going to last forever like we always said. "
"I enjoyed it while it lasted though."
"Me too Quinton. Me too."
"One last hug?"
"Of course."

We both stood up and I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms rest on my hips.

"I'm so sorry."
"Don't be. We had fun together. Now, you can enjoy someone else. And so can I. Everything will be okay."
"I just wish I would've realized I was gonna fall for her before I did."
"It's okay Quinton. Stop stressing."
"Thank you for always being so understanding."
"Of course. I'll still be here. So, if you ever need me. I'm gonna be in the room right down the hall."
"Thanks Madie."
"No problem. Now, I'm gonna go to my room. Call Cynthia. I think she'll be happy to hear from you."
"I will."
"Bye Quinton."
"Bye Madie."

I walked out of Quinton's room and made the short walk to mine.
I opened and shut the door and flopped on my bed, breathing a sigh of relief.

Okay, another short and kinda sad one. I'm.not.sure why, but I've been really.motivated to write again. So. I guess enjoy it while the updates last. 😂