Imagine #1- Choices

I

was just hanging out with Tony at the Hype House when I got a call from Bryce, my brother.
Amelia: Hey Big Brother.
Bryce: Amelia!
Amelia: Wassup?
Bryce: Meet me at the hospital!
Amelia: What?!
Bryce: Griffin has something wrong with him. Just meet us there.
Amelia: On my way.
I had Tony drive me since I'm really close with him. I'm really close with the boys, and me and Griff are best friends. We got to the hospital and I bolted inside. I asked for Griffin at the registration counter and I went to the room. All of the boys were standing outside of the room so I asked Bryce what was going on.

Bryce: It's his heart.
Amelia: What the hell do you mean his heart?
Bryce: Amelia there's been something wrong with it for a while.
Amelia: How bad is it?
Bryce: If he doesn't accept the heart from the transplant list....he dies.
Amelia: What do you mean if?
Bryce: There's two people it could go to. If Griffin doesn't want it, then the other guy gets it.
Amelia: Has he decided yet?
Bryce: We were gonna try to wait and see if you could convince him to take it.
Amelia: Why convince?
Bryce: Because he said he didn't want to take the heart.
Amelia: Let me talk to him.
Bryce: Alright.

I asked past Bryce and the rest of the Sway boys and into Griffins room. God just looking at him made me want to cry.

He had wires all around him and he had an oxygen tank. Then he had a small tube going into his side. Poor dude.

Griffin: Amelia? He asked. His voice weak and hoarse.
Amelia: Hey Griffin.
Griffin: What're you doing here?
Amelia: Bryce called. Said you were in the hospital.
Griffin: You didn't have to come and see me.
Amelia: Of course I did. You're my best friend fool. I said trying to lighten the mood.
Griffin: I know.
Amelia: Why didn't you tell me? I asked trying not to show that it bothered me.
Griffin: I didn't want you to worry.
Amelia: I was gonna worry either way. You know how I am.
Griffin: Yeah. Look I'm gonna take a nap. When I wake up I promise I'll be in a better mood.
Amelia: Alright Griff.
Before I walked out I checked Griffin's chart and seen his primary physicians name, Karev. Good to know.

I walked out of Griffins room and went to the lobby. Then I hatched and idea. I went to one of the supply closets, obviously I snuck in, then I went in and looked for a spare pair of scrubs. I found some and snuck them out in my purse. I changed and went to Griffin's doctor.
Amelia: Doctor Karev.
Karev: You're not Jo.
Amelia: No. Jo said another one of her patients was in critical condition. She instructed me to come visit you.
Karev: Has she given you the name of the patient?
Amelia: Yes. She said my job was to attempt to convince him to take the heart.
Karev: Right. So what do you need me for?
Amelia: I need numbers.
Karev: What numbers?
Amelia: I mean how far apart were the patients entered into the system.
Karev: Let me check.
The doctor we to a computer and began typing Griffin's name into the computer.
Karev: 17 seconds.
Amelia: That's it.
Karev: Yup. The other guy, Topete, was in first. By 17 seconds.
Amelia: So why exactly does Mr. Johnson get to have first dibs.
Karev: Simple. His condition is far worse. You see, if Mr. Johnson takes the heart, Mr. Topete can stay on the list for at least another two years. However, if Mr. Johnson declines, he dies within weeks.
Amelia: Just wanted to make sure I had all the information. I better go check in on him.
Karev; And if you see Jo around, make sure you have her come and see me.
Amelia: Will do doctor.

I walked away and to the nearest bathroom. I took off the scrubs and folded then up. I wrapped them in paper towels and walked back to the lobby. The boys were all asleep so I went to go check on Griffin to see if I can change his mind.
I walked into his room and seen Griffin just sitting in bed staring at the wall.