Well well well...

"Look who we have here," he wheezed, stepping forward. It'd be a lot less terrifying if he hadn't been brandishing an axe. "My little... follower."

"I'm not your follower, leave me alone!" She glared at him, holding her arm. "You've done nothing but hurt the people I care about! You're nothing but a tyrant in your own right! You're lucky it's just us right now or you'd be dead."

He chuckled a little, lowering his axe. "Yeah, I'm lucky you're too weak to kill me on your own. But see, here's the thing- maybe you're not my follower, but you've always been just like me. Listen, I know what you are. And I think, somewhere deep down, you have an idea too." He grabbed her collar, holding her up to where her toes barely scraped against the floor. "I'm not the only one hurting the people you care about, hm? So why don't you give up and just help me. Things... Would go much easier that way, you know. And maybe, just maybe, I'll let you live in peace."

"Peace," she hissed, "means nothing if you're alone. It means nothing if you have nobody to share it with. It means nothing- if everyone you love is dead."

"Oh, really?" He dropped her. "You're not as smart as I thought you were. You mean all those times... When they appeared to you by moonlight, or you saw them under closed eyes... You really don't understand, do you?"

Don't you know what you are? Hadn't it been obvious? You've heard the voices and seen them. Are you truly that stupid? 

Well, perhaps, she'd known the whole time. Perhaps, she'd simply ignored it.