CAPTAIN AMERICA

"Anna, how the hell did you get into the building?"

As the words came over their earpieces, Anna smirked. She ran up the stairs with grace and elegance due to practice.

"I'm just that good," she replied smugly.

Bucky scoffed and rolled his eyes. He looked up from his position on the ground and saw the massive GRC building in front of him.

"I've located the officials on the forty-second floor," Sam interrupted. He discreetly watched from afar and used his new redwing to scan through the windows.

Anna looked up and saw the stairwell sign, claiming that it was only the thirty-seventh floor. She groaned and huffed, taking a moment to collect her breathing again.

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked.

"Karli's gonna be close. Keep your eyes open."

"Well, it could be anyone."

They stopped talking as Anna's heavy panting became dominant through the earpiece. They didn't question it though because they knew she'd get angry if they thought she couldn't handle it.

Bucky kept moving through the crowds of authorities until he reached the front entrance. As he did, he passed between two cops who greeted him.

"Sergeant Barnes."

They opened up and let him pass through. He was in mild surprise but he kept his face neutral. Anna, on the other hand, snickered and teased him.

He began to bicker with her but Sam cut them off again. He told Anna to stop and focus on the mission.

"Yeah, that's his way of saying quit being mean," Bucky pouted.

"You got it, sergeant."

He groaned and threw his head back in mocked annoyance.

"As much as I'm glad that you two finally got over your high school drama, we've got work to do."

Anna rolled her eyes and grabbed onto the railing beside her. She used it to heave herself up the last set of stairs.

"By the way, I called in some backup."

The comms were silent for a few moments until they heard Bucky talking to someone else. Anna and Sam recognized the voice seconds later.

"Is that Sharon?" Sam asked.

"Unfortunately."

Sharon faked a smile before tuning into their ear pieces, "Hey, Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together. Plus Anna."

The mentioned woman huffed, "Watch it, blondie."

Sharon tried to respond but Bucky stopped her. He spoke directly to Anna to calm her down.

"Doll-"

"Don't "doll" me, Bucky," she snapped.

She finally reached the forty-second and pushed through the door, leaving the stairwell.

"Alright, I'm here," she stated.

"Get ready."

She ran forward until she found the main room. She pushed through those doors, alerting the officials inside of her presence.

"Who are you?" a man asked.

She was about to answer but a grenade tumbled at her feet. She was about to react for the explosion, but a gas spilled out of it instead. She kicked it to the far end of the room to give them time to evacuate.