TWO. mistletoe scares and fireplace cuddles

THE SNOW had stopped falling by the time the Chandler clan made their way outside

Charlie and Mackenzie sitting on the porch steps and Cameron throwing hot water in the air.

Campbell and Gideon had the backs pressed against her car. She was on her way to Ricky's that night as, stated earlier, at he was only spending Christmas with his dad and wanted her there whenever she could come.

"What did you get him for Christmas?" Campbell asked.

Gideon opened the bag she held tightly in her hands and pulled out a box. She opened it and inside a dog tag necklace.

She pointed behind her and inside her car was a poorly wrapped skateboard.

"That's better than what you got me." Campbell joked.

Gideon smiled slightly and put the gift back into its bag.

She still wasn't successful in telling Ricky about the move when she went over there a couple of days ago.

He had brought up the fact that he was excited that she was able to be there for him when he needed her and that he couldn't imagine not spending Christmas with her.

She felt like couldn't tell him about the move after that.

The closer the move came the more upset with herself she had become. She now had (if she still pushed telling him back) a week to tell Ricky about moving away for a couple of months.

She tugged on one of her messy braids. She knew she had to tell Ricky sooner than later.

"Do you know what he got you?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "We weren't really heavy on gift-giving this time around."

It was true. Neither of them asked what the other what they could've possibly wanted for Christmas, which was fine, but Gideon was going to get Ricky something regardless of if he got her something or not.

GIDEON KNOCKED on Ricky's front door. She took small steps back, rocking on her heels as she waited for the door to open.

The cold breeze brushing over her face and almost instantly causing redness around her nose.