FIFTEEN. the overwhelming thought of confessing

POOR GIDEON had already been overthinking and now she had been adding to it

POOR GIDEON had already been overthinking and now she had been adding to it. Was there a more scientific word for extreme overthinking? Probably. Definitely. Most certainly.

For her own mental sanity, she decided to completely ditch the things that she felt like were causing her stress and overthinking.

Starting with, skipping out on early morning rehearsals. She wasn't a part of the musical and the one thing she worked on was scrapped because of the Menkies rule. No need for her to be there and she wasn't planning on stopping by any time soon.

Second, she completely ditched the songwriting and singing thing. Yes, the small praise from people around school and her friends were nice, but having her boyfriend lie and bash her song wasn't so nice and kind of overpowered the kindness she had received. It shouldn't have but it did and it sucked.

But, she didn't really have much passion for the songwriting thing anyway, she had said it before that songwriting wasn't her strong suit and more of a Ricky thing if anything.

With the career fair today, maybe she would find someone with some type of passion to help guide her on what she may want to do as a future career.

Last week wasn't the greatest. Gideon hadn't had the greatest month, but she was determined to change that.

She hadn't spoken to Ricky or many others since the incident (if you want to call it that) and now that she was at school, maybe she could find some time to stop worrying and talk to her friends.

The bell had finally rung and as soon as Gideon left class that morning, she was looped around the corner with Margo by her side.

She had explained that they couldn't have rehearsals for a week and they hadn't even blocked the second act yet.

The two of them headed towards Gideon's locker. Margo still explaining how unfair it was to be benched for a week when they "didn't do anything wrong".

Gideon felt her phone buzz in her pockets and pulled it out.

"Anyways... how's the life of being a small, growing, songwriter?"

"It's a text from dad actually." Gideon answered, "Something about "big news" and "new fear" whatever they mean. I actually deleted Instagram this morning."