SIXTEEN. the overwhelming thought of losing you

IMAGINE THIS

IMAGINE THIS. You fight with your significant other in a very public place. You argue about the relationship with your mother versus a song. What would you do?

Well, Gideon didn't know what to do. She, on one hand, thought Ricky went too far. On the other hand, she knew that he had been frustrated with everything going on in his own life, but that didn't give him the right to blow up at her.

She didn't want to just give up on their relationship, but maybe it was for the best that they took a break... but then it all lead her mind back to the last time Ricky asked for a break.

She had already lost her friendship with Ricky once and now she might lose her relationship with him too.

Gideon sighed. She had been sitting in her backyard with a blanket thrown over her shoulders. She had been waiting for Ricky for a couple of minutes now. All she wanted to do was talk about everything. No holding back. She felt like if she kept holding back it was going to make things worse.

As soon as she left the pizza restaurant she headed straight home. She was already embarrassed by Ricky once and somehow she felt like she flipped the coin and embarrassed him today. Definitely wasn't on purpose. She didn't even know Ricky was going to be there.

"Knock, knock."

She looked over her shoulder and saw Ricky standing at the entryway of the patio.

She smiled softly and scooted to allow him to sit beside her.

Ricky took a seat beside her and looked around the yard, "I'm surprised the swing set still holds up."

"Yeah, me too. I think the only person who really uses it is Cameron."

"Makes sense."

The two of them let out a small laugh.

"Thanks for comin'."

"Yeah. I'm glad you texted."

"I thought if we were alone and in a space that we both knew we would... be more comfortable."