SIX. twas' the night before valentine's day

FEBRUARY FOURTEENTH was something Gideon had looked forward to since dating Ricky

From the get-go, she was thrilled about the fact of spending the day with someone. More specifically her significant other.

But that was before the move.

That wasn't going to stop Gideon from trying to have the best damn Valentine's Day ever. This was her first Valentine's day with a significant other.

She wanted this to be special and she had days, weeks, even months to work on this Valentine's Day gift for Ricky.

But here she was, one day before the love day event, sitting in the kitchen of her mother's house, staring at the semi-blank page of pure nonsense in front of her.

Hours upon hours of just nothing. Nothing good, nothing great, and nothing she wanted to give to Ricky on Valentine's Day.

She tapped her pen back forth between her fingers.

Lyrics running through her brain but none of it really making any sense.

She heard footsteps enter the kitchen, her mother smiling at her as she rummaged for any sort of caffeine.

Gideon did go eat with her mother and friends that day. She definitely didn't plan on having the best time (as she did heavily cry literally seconds before walking out the door) but overall it wasn't horrible.

Gabriella could tell Gideon wasn't having a good time with her though. She knew that. She knew she could've gone about things differently (and better) but chose to just wing it, as it did seem to get her to where she was today.

Regardless, she knew Gideon wasn't the happiest with her stay and would rather go back to Salt Lake.

As much as Gabriella didn't want to, as proving that she did want to be in Gideon's life again, she knew Gideon's mental health matter more than proving her point.

Gideon sent the small smile back and focused on her gift for Ricky again.

Gideon wasn't a songwriter and this proved it.