NINE. the story of a group of teens and the lack of communication

THOUGH SHE was in a rush (as she was trying to beat the storm and catch a bus) Gideon had been stopped by Gina

Her friendship with her was weird. She hadn't really spoken to Gina since the New Years' party at Ashlyn's and even before that, there wasn't much interaction between the two of them.

Gina could blame herself for that. She didn't want to ignore Gideon whatsoever, but she was doing it anyway.

Though these feelings seemed to be brewing around since homecoming of last semester, she thought they would just die out, especially since they (Gina and Gideon) both talked about how it was okay for Gina to like anyone, but that was way before Gideon and Ricky had officially started dating.

It was obvious that Gina was about out to bother Gideon last semester when she told her about the homecoming kiss on the cheek. She wanted to get something out of her. Anything. And she couldn't.

Gideon was too damn nice and that's what killed her. If Gina flat out told Gideon about how she felt Gideon would probably say something along the lines of, "You can't help who you fall for.". That's what Gideon told Gina at the café.

Gina and EJ were both out to spite Gideon last semester about Ricky. About how he didn't tell her about the kiss on the cheek, about how he really meant to leave that voicemail for Nini and not for her.

No ever asked Gideon how she felt about it. Maybe if someone did she wouldn't think about it as much as she did.

"I don't want to keep holding you if you have to go."

Gideon shook her head slightly, "I'm sorry, uh... you're not holding me from anything. I was just thinking while you were talking... what were you saying?"

"I was just asking how everything with you and Ricky were going, especially with long distance."

"I miss him... a lot. I miss everyone. Some days are hard and some days are easy. I just wish I could talk to people more about... everything, but everyone is really busy so, I'm just thinking a lot of the time."