TWELVE. shoulders are small but you can cry on them too

SUNDAY WASN'T any different than Saturday

SUNDAY WASN'T any different than Saturday. Gideon sat at the pizza place, staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of her. She had been dwelling on this song since Ms. Jenn asked her about it days ago.

She was stuck on how to write a simple song about a rose and the Beast.

She had little things written down, but she just couldn't focus on what she wanted to hear.

From beside her, her phone rang. She absentmindedly picked it up without bothering to see who the phone call was from.

"Hello?"

"Finally. I got you." Ricky sighed.

"I'm sorry. I've just been trying to write this song." She answered, "How are you?"

"Been better."

Before she could question it, he swiftly moved on to a different question.

"When do I get to hear the new song?"

"Whenever I get something on this paper." She chuckled.

"What's the problem?"

She furrowed her brows, "There's no problem... sorta. I'm just not a songwriter like you. Songs just don't come from my brain like that."

"Okay." He paused, "Roses are red, violets are blue, uh, my rose is the prettiest, wow, what a view. There you go. Just gave you some free lyrics."

"Ricky, we can't keep talking like this. What's wrong?"

"Oh," He paused, "I just thought, uh, the quicker you finish the song, the sooner we could hang out again today. I mean, Saturdays are kinda our days, right?"

"Ricky... I just... yeah, yeah Saturdays are our days. I'll try to get this as fast as I can."

Ricky pressed his head against the wall. He didn't want to sound harsh, but it was already too late. Gideon hadn't done anything wrong other than not be with him at that moment, and if she was he probably would've completely snapped at her earlier if she was.