Chapter Five: A Princes Party

Time passed and the birthday was here. Servants scrambled around to make final preparations for the party being held at the castle. Azriel was in the room with me, making sure to be there for me.

"You're highness, it's important that you show up for the guests coming tonight" he paced back and forth

"Azriel, I agree. Thank you for taking care of me with what happened years ago" Azriel turns to face me as I hugged him.

"You're father asked to look after you if hunters were ever given a chance to kill them. Now you are becoming a grown man" I smiled at Azriel

Chariot knocks and walked in. "You're highness, I have brought you something" she was holding a box and gave it to me

"What is it Chariot?" I stared at the box in my hands.

"You have to open it first" She giggles at me as I opened the back. There was a necklace inside for the coronation when I become king. It's gold pendant had a red blood gem in the middle, hanging on a metal chain.

"Why show me this now when the coronation was in a few years?"

"So you can get adjusted to it" Chariot tells me

"Thank you Chariot, so much for everything you have done" She nods at me and smiles.

***
Later that evening, the party was going on. Vampires throughout the many kingdoms in the surrounding lands came to join in on the fun. Human slaves were kept out of the way underneath the castle. Servers brought food and drinks through the crowd as we danced and talked. Dancing with a queen from a neighboring country, she was very pretty, but was also married.

"You're a great dancer Prince Enoch" Her thick polish accent was soothing to me.

"Thank you, your highness. My parents taught me when I was young and I have been practicing ever since" She smiled at me and the song was finished

"Dinner is served!!" A servant announced and everyone went to the hall to eat. A fancy feast was being served. Various meats from elk to boar on the table. Fresh fruits, herbs, and other spices were served as vampires sat down. The servants gave us wine to drank and we happily ate.

The real treat was the fresh humans to drank the blood from. I was at the head of the table when the slaves who were to weak to work or serve a purpose was put on table. A spell kept them from trying to escape and run. A woman next to me smiled big as she sunk her teeth into a mans neck, drinking his blood until empty as she cleans the blood off from the edges of her mouth. I couldn't help but smile as everyone was delighted by the little surprise. The dead slave were then brought to the dungeons to be burned as the others watched in fear.

This is what happens to humans when they attack my kind and kill my parents. They are bound to work for us as mere cattle and slaves within our castles. They did little to nothing to fight back, but any who dare to try to do something were immediately killed for it. Last week, a king reached into someone's chest and pulled out their beating heart for speaking out of turn. That's how severe the punishment is for these people. More wine was served as we continue to party until it was time to leave. The slaves have been given orders to clean up everything that was left in the food hall and cleaning the ballroom. Everything had to be spotless or consequences were given out to everyone.

Azriel and chariot went to bed as I sat at the desk in my room. Reading a book that a human philosopher wrote during the war between Athens and Greece. Sipping on blood in a cup I had, my pet raven caws at me. Chuckles and pets him softly under his beak.

"Want some attention Rök?" Pets him gently as he enjoys it. Flapping his wings happily as he was being pet. I let out a sigh and changed into something more comfortable for bed. Rök flew to his perk and made himself comfortable to sleep. Slipping into bed, I closed my eyes and drifts to sleep.