Chapter Eight: First Date

The next morning, I woke up sometime earlier than the usual time. Something was telling me to take the Angel and be with her for some reason. My body was telling me things that I have never felt before. An attraction to take Star and make her mine. But I had to be careful with her. Not sure if she was awake yet or not, but I was already dressed for breakfast.

I went downstairs to the garden. Breakfast will be served their this morning. Waiting as servants set the last of the table for breakfast. Maids have gone to Star's room to wake her up.

"What's going on?" Star asked a maid.

"Breakfast ma'am, the king has requested that you eat with him" the maid turned to her after opening the curtains as another helped Star get something to wear.

"Oh, that's nice of him"

The maids smiled and got her ready for breakfast. The both of them got her dressed in a nice flower dress and did her hair and makeup. Star was ready within thirty minutes and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked gorgeous with the good work of the maids.

"Thank you, both of you" Star looks at the maids and they smiled.

"We can show you to the garden" The maid smiles as the other opens the chamber doors.

They took Star to the garden where I was waiting. The table was set with two chairs across from each other. Platters covered the food from any flies and the sun. I had a hat covering the sun from my skin.

Turning around to see Star as a smile shows on my face. "You look wonderful"

Star blushed as I helped her with the chair before sitting down. I motioned to one of the servers and he uncovers our food. Various fruits, scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, and biscuits covered the table as the server made our plates.

Star was looking around at the various flowers and decorations covering the garden. Knowing she was curious to see the garden herself.

"This garden is beautiful" Star said.

"Have you been out much?" I say, looking to Star

She shook her head yes. "I have been where I'm from, but never seen anything this beautiful before"

The servers were done fixing our plates and steps back so we may eat.

"The food is ready to eat"

Star looked at her plate and picked up her fork. She started eating and Enoch soon followed, going for a piece of ham and eggs.

"I can show you around after breakfast if you like"

"That would be nice" Stars cheeks were slightly pink at the gesture and the both of them ate in silence.

Star wondered why he was being so kind. Most royalty never acted this way towards people straying into their castle. Kings would punish a person or make them turn around if they wondered onto their property. But Enoch was different than the others.

After breakfast, they walked through the garden. Star was enjoying it as Enoch watched her with interest.

"My mother put work into this garden. Selecting the best flowers she can get her hands on"

"She did a wonderful job you highness" Star said.

He smiles at her and then it fades at the memory of their death. He looked down as Star can feel his mood change.

"I-I'm sorry if I offended you, I never intended to" Star was worried.

"N- no. It wasn't your fault in any way. My parents have been dead for years and I think about a lot" Enoch looks up at her.