Chapter 21: War Has Come

Star was outside with her group of assassins as she waits near one of the human castles. A battle horn sounds as humans rush out the castle gates towards Star and her group. Someone must have spotted them near the tree line.

Thankfully, there was a large field between them. Leaving the humans at a disadvantage against their vampire foes. Vampires have a higher strength, agility and other features humans have.

   "Kill them all!" Star yells out to her men.

  They shouted with weapons raised and charged at the advancing humans. The clash of bodies and weapons breaks the sound of rushing feet as both sides start their fight against each other. The human forces being ripped to shreds as only a few vampires only dead on the field before the remaining men and women breaks through the castle doors.

   Soldiers lined up near the entrance, inside the throne room. Star walked in with her armor on. "Stand down and I will consider sparing you very lives"

   Each of the soldiers look to one another at her order. The king came forward to Star. "I won't stand down to some bitch"

  "Then you will die just like your men" She gestures her men and they attacked her guards around the king in a blink of an eye.

  "What the... hell?!" The man looked around confused and in shock.

   Star couldn't help but laugh. "You really think that you could stop an army of vampires? Such a pity that my future husband will have to use you as food. Take him back to the castle and throw the bastard in a cell with the others."

  He was taken as another kingdom was torn down. Bound by his wrists and forced to walk the fifty miles back to Enoch's castle.

    More kingdoms fell as the war went on. The next three years were all but a blur. Most of the humans were wiped out and forced into slavery under Enoch's orders. Word went around quickly and rules were sent into place for the jobs and living situations. Now vampires and beasts can live their lives in freedom without any human threat.

                                  The End

  Alright, this was a test run of writing so far. Sorry to keep the story very short. But I wanted to see how people would react to my style of writing. I do have two other books I'm working on. If anyone is interested, please feel free to check those out. I do accept creative criticism just as a way to fix anything that I write in the future. Thank you again for spending time in reading this.