Chapter Ten: Confession

It was another beautiful morning as Star woke up to the sound of birds singing outside the window of the room she was staying in. She was still curious as to what happened between her and Enoch when he invited her to dinner. He still was being secretive about it. Enoch was not the one who wanted to cause drama, or the one who cared for such.

She made her way to the throne room and saw Enoch dealing with a commoner that was speaking to him.

"You're highness please, wolves have been coming into the city terrorizing the livestock and roaming the streets. You must at least have an idea or send someone to deal with them" The man pleaded and begged.

"I am sure someone is willing to go out their way to hunt these wolves and drive them away from the city."

"Sire, they have killed livestock and tore the market apart."

"That is none of my concern human." He sighs "Fine, I will send some of my men to deal with them for the sake of you and your family. Begone"

With that, the man left swiftly before Enoch changed his mind. A few others came in and Enoch had to turn some of them down. Threats of hunters, being payed to kill him have been circulating in the throne room and this made Enoch annoyed.

Once people were gone Star walked over to Enoch. His face lit up a little at the sight of her and she gave him a small smile.

"Hello Star, how did you sleep?"

"Well, you're highness"

Enoch chuckles at her. "You can call me Enoch Star"

She nods her head at him. He went back to his duties and let's Star go about her day. She found herself in the ballroom of the castle and looks at the piano. Running her fingers along the smooth surface and then to the keys. She didn't know the instrument well enough and pressed a key. She flinched and stepped back from it.

Enoch was watching her from the doorway when she was looking at the instrument. "I can show you if you like"

She gasped and turned to him as he approached her. He chuckles and sat down in front of the piano.

"Come sit with me" Enoch gestured to the spot next to him and she sat down.

He played a few notes for her as she watched carefully. Enoch continued playing on the piano as Star smiled and lays her jeans on his shoulder. He smiles at her, knowing she likes this. When he stops, Star smiled.

"That was beautiful Enoch. Where did you learn to play?"

"I learned at a young age by another musician. I had to practice everyday too"

"Well you play very well"

He smiled and looked down. "Are you hungry yet?"

"Mhm, whenever you are ready to eat Enoch" she rest a hand on his shoulder.

Enoch grabs her hand and leads her to the dining room. There they had a peaceful dinner. It was salmon and salad as they talked.

"So you grew up in this castle?"

"Yes. I was alone after my parents were killed, but a good friend took care of me and taught me how to fight"

"Oh, I'm sorry that you lost your parents at such a young age"

"I got my revenge for what happened"

"I'm an Angel from heaven. But I was casted out because an arch angel thought I defected"

"What happened though, that made you come here?"

"We fought against demons who somehow got out of hell. They were gonna kill innocent people but we took care of the situation quickly. But then more battles kept coming and a small war broke out. Next thing I know, I was here on earth"

"I'm sorry Star. But now you have a new friend that will take care of you" I reached my hand over and held hers in mine.

Star let out a smile as she finished her food. I took her to her room for tea. Their was something about Star that made Enoch felt alive and he didn't know what it was. He sipped on his tea as she comfortably sat across from him.

She got up and looked out the window as something was slightly bothering her.

"Star?" Enoch walked over to her.

"I'm fine, just the story I told you is bothering me.

He nodded and hugged her. "It's okay Star, you're here with me"

She layer her head on his chest and calmed down. He put her to bed and wished her a goodnights rest before going to his own room.