Chapter 18: Preparations

Star's POV:
  Getting into armor, there was a knock at the door. One of her servants that tends to Star's need walked in and gave a curtsy. "Everyone is ready and waiting for you ma'am"

   "Thank you Angela, I will be there right away" Star grabbed her sword and walked out of the bedroom. Entering the throne room, others from the war council stood and quiet down as Star walked in.

   "Do we have any new information about King Donovan?" She stood before them.

"Yes ma'am, he has the king in his dungeon locked away. We have reports that is where he is staying as King Donovan still rules. Rumors of a war between us and these humans spreading like wildfire. We will need all the help needed to get Lord Enoch back home" One of the vampire generals spoke up.

"He's probably injured in some way. We need to be careful when getting him out. Send any scouts we have ahead and watch over the castle. I don't want these humans knowing of our whereabouts just yet"

General Azriel nods at her before leaving the castle. Getting the men ready as the scouts left to get any information that would be valuable to Star and Enoch's war council. Star was with some of the men as they explain to her that a war between vampires and humans may ensue due to King Donovan's reckless behavior, endangering human life because of his greed.

"I understand gentlemen with what you are saying. I'm from heaven myself and knew that the weight of their deeds would make or break them when they reached the gates to enter heaven. I have seen it in their eyes when this sort of thing takes over" the men nodded at her.

"Ma'am, we are finally ready to head out when you're ready?" A soldier behind her asked politely, waiting on her response to act.

"Thank you, y'all may go."

General Azriel nods and orders the men to move out. Some soldiers stayed behind to defend the castle in case of an attack by the human population while Star was away.

The vampires rode swiftly all night. Being able to cover more ground than the average human would on a horse. Star was determined to get her future husband back alive no matter how long it took. She fell in love with Enoch when he first kissed her and touched her naked body in a loving manner. She knew he is a good man even if he was a vampire.