Chapter 9: Two Arrows

Radagast had arrived not long after Kili and Amanda want back to the group. He was now off talking with Gandalf as Amanda walked over to Thorin.

" Thorin, I guess I want to apologise. If on this quest I have offended you." Amanda muttered to him as he looked down to her. A gentle smile spread across his lips which took Amanda by surprise as this was the first smile she had really seen from him. His eyes soften as he placed a hand on her thin shoulder.

" You were only speaking the truth. But you must understand that not everyone can forgive so easily." Thorin said to her with a nodded. Amanda looked to the ground and smile before looking back up to him.

" Thank you." Amanda whispered to him placing her hand on her shoulder as well. Just then a howl ripped through the peaceful air. Amanda and Thorin turn in its direction.

"Was that a wolf? Are there--are there wolves out there?" Bilbo asked walked closer to Amanda as she pulled her sword from its sheath and slung her bow onto her back.

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf." Bofur said to with fear in his own voice. Just then Amanda saw a warg upon a crag the snarled at her before pouncing towards her. She pushed Bilbo out of the road and sliced her sword upwards causing the creature to fall on top of her as he let out a heavy gasp at its weight. Dwalin then stepped in and quickly killed it off. But another jumped for Thorin.

" Thorin!" Amanda cried as she was pinned down. Kili shot the warg and then Thorin felt the finishing blow. Thorin Dwalin and Fili rushed over to Amanda and lifted the dead warg from her. Kili grabbed her arms and pulled her out from underneath.

" Got her." Kili said as they dropped the carcass to the ground again.

" Warg scouts." Amanda growled annoyed.

"Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." Thorin finished it off.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo asked scared from both has happen and what could happen. Amanda straighten herself out and walked over to Bilbo. She did promise to protect him after all. Her presence next to him seemed to calm the poor hobbit down.

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf said with a matter of urgency in his voice as he rushed up to Thorin.

"No one." Thorin answered truthfully.

"Who did you tell?" Gandalf yelled at him not believing his words.

"No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?" Thorin yelled back stepping forward to the wizard who huffed gently.

"We are being hunted." Amanda finished for him as she continued to looked around the area.

"We have to get out of here." Dwalin said to the company as if a plead to get away from the nerve racking place.

" I agree with Dwalin." Amanda said with a nodded holding her blade out in front of her with Bilbo behind her slightly.

"We can't! We have no ponies; they bolted." Orc called from on top of the crag. Amanda sighed and rolled her eyes, great.

"I'll draw them off." Radagast said out of nowhere. Gandalf turned to him and looked at him like he was a maniac.

"These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you." Gandalf said trying to stop his friend from doing something stupid.

"These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I'd like to see them try." Radagast said with a smile and jumped onto his sledge thing. Not but a second later he was gone and leading the orc pack away from the company.

" Come!" Gandalf half shouted to them and rushed through the woods. The company followed the wizard out of the woods and into a large open field that had a mixture of gold and green grass and many large rocks. In the distance the company could hear Radagast taunt the orcs as they hid behind a rock.