Chapter 19: Sprites

Amanda's eyes snapped open and tried to move her arms. But they were stuck to her side, her vision was being obscured by something white as she felt herself hit the ground softly.

" Amanda! Amanda!" She could hear Kili's voice grow louder as the white seemed to be pried away from her vision to reveal his worried looking face which turned into relief as he pulled her lips to his in a desperate kiss. He pulled away and helped her to her feet, ripping what ever the substance was that clung mercilessly to her body. The others had all began look around to find their bearings.

" Where's Bilbo?"Bofur asked out as everyone then looked around for him. Kili helped Amanda keep her balance as she placed a hand onto his shoulder.

" Are you alright?" Kili asked her softly as she nodded gently smiling.

" Lets move." Thorin grumbled as everyone quickly began to follow him, all their senses were back to normal. They all walked back in line through the thick forest no completely lost.

"Come on, keep up!" Dwalin called out to the few who were strangling behind. Just then spiders slipped down from the trees above and began attacking the company. Amanda pulled out her sword and swung it at the spiders as she pushed Kili away from an oncoming spider. She jumped back a step and swung her sword upwards and then slicing off one of it's front legs. It squealed in pain as Amanda killed it by sliding her sword into it's head.

" AMANDA!" Kili yelled as a spider jumped towards her. With no time to pull out her sword, she pulled her bow from her back and notched an arrow. She spun and aimed it allowing the string to fire the arrow; sending it directly into the spider's head, killing it instantly. Amanda hooked her bow back onto her back and grabbed the handle of her sword which was still embedded into the spider's skull.

She pulled it out and jumped from the carcass onto the ground where she was knocked over by a spider that Fili was fighting. Another spider slipped down directly on top of her and threw its sting down towards her. Amanda rolled again and again trying to dodge its sting until she lifted her sword up and sliced into the it's abdomen. But Amanda was unable to move before the dead spider fell on top of her. The dead weight took her breath from her lungs as she groaned at the new found weight.

" Don't think I won't kill you, Dwarf... It would be my pleasure." A voice Amanda was all to familiar with.

" Great, sprites." Amanda muttered as she tried to lift the unmoving body, then they heard a scream. Amanda's heart sank as the scream echoed through the thick air.

" Kili!" Fili yelled as Amanda tried to push the spider off her with a new found energy

"Search them!" The blond sprite called as he walked proudly over to the spider. He lifted the spider off Amanda with a few other elves. Once the spider was off her Amanda gasped for air and coughed as she rolled over onto her front taking in deep breathing.

" Kili." She whispered and pushed herself up from the ground and went to run to Kili's aid but was stopped when hands grabbed both of her upper arms stopping her. She looked up to her sides to see that two elves where glaring at her as she tried to rip out of her grasp.

" God damn woodland sprites! Get your pointy elf fingers off me!" Amanda yelled at them as she tried continuously to get out of their tight grasp.

" Ever the pleasant, Ranger." The prince of the elves smiled wickedly down to her.

" Still prancing around like the sprite princess you are?" Amanda smiled back to him which cause him to frown and clench his jaw in anger.

" Search her." He commanded in elvish to the two elves holding Amanda and walked away from her to check on the other Dwarves. Amanda's eyes search frantically for Kili as her heart rate picked up. A small smile and a wave of relief washed over her as she saw him walk out with a red haired female elf behind him. Kili was pushed with the others while Amanda was kept separate from them as she had her weapons taken from her. Then her satchel was ripped from her as she struggled to get it back.

" Give that back to me! Pointy ear, berry muncher!" Amanda growled to them as they then slapped her face. Amanda laughed with a smile.

" Your swings are no better than that of a child." Amanda insulted him as he went for another back hand.

" Enough!" The prince yelled to the elf who lowered his hand.

" Save from a wimp by a tree hugger." Amanda continued to insult Legolas as he walked forward and glared at her.

" Hold your tongue, Ranger!" Legolas growled at her.

" Bite me, fancy boy!" Amanda growled back loudly to him.

" Amanda! Enough!" Thorin yelled at her as she looked over to him, Amanda rolled her eyes and shut her mouth as Legolas laughed.

" Taking orders from a dwarf now? How far you have fallen." Legolas laughed to her. Amanda opened her mouth but was stopped by Thorin growling her name in a warning tone. Amanda took in a deep angry breath as her jaw moved side to side in anger. An elf walked over to Legolas with Ocrist and studied it

"This is an ancient Elvish blade. Forged by my kin." Legolas began in elvish as his eyes went from the blade to Thorin.

"Where did you get this?" Legolas asked with a glare. Amanda tuned out of their little talk and looked around to see how many woodland sprites were around them. There was too many to try an escape, she would be caught immediately. Legolas yelled at the elves to take them all back to the palace. Amanda's face paled as she released she was being taken to the very place that tree hugger would be, and would no doubt want to speak with her.

" Wait until my father hears your back here." Legolas smiled to Amanda as they continued onto the palace. Kili looked over to her with a worried look.

"What does he mean? You have been here before?" Kili asked as Amanda kept her eyes forward as her face paled more the closer they got to their destination.

" You could say that." She whispered continuing to walk offering no explanation.