#60 - The Final

Jenlisa Diary
The Amor Dorga, Bremen

- Will we be able to meet each other in our next life?

My question dropped of nowhere, leaving the night and the dark ocean a few moments of tense silence. We did end up by the ocean, sitting on the sand and continued our conversation from the museum date we started.

- I will find you.

She replied.

- I promise.

- Why?

- What do you mean?

- You found me in this life. Why do you want to meet me in the next? What's for?

- We have unfinished business. Isn't it clear?

- Unfinished business.

Our eyes locked, then we both laughed.

- I will find you too, I promise.

The moon witnessed our promise.

- I will be a social activist, you are the green-tech scientist; and I will meet you when we collaborate for a campaign to make a better world to live.

We laughed again.

- How about we are childhood friends and grow up together?

- Then we can share most of our life together.

- Just in case you want it. Sharing your life with one person from the start to the end of your life might sound boring.

- You said it, not me. You find it boring to share your life with me if we were childhood friends.

- No. I suggested the idea. Don't you forget it.

- I just hope that we can find each other and strong enough to overcome all the challenges and hardship that fate sends us. No matter where or when we meet - which we can't decide.

There was silence. Wind on her hair, moon light embracing her face. The private beach is a beautiful sight from where we sat, especially with her in the picture.

- Stop staring at me. You're doing it a lot recently.

She said without looking at my direction. I bite on my lips before chuckling a little.

- Alright.

- You changed. You know ? - I questioned. She stared at the dark ocean.

- I did. - Her eyes shifted back to mine. - I learnt that I might not regenerate in human form in my next life because of all my sins. For a thousand years. All I have is now. Today is the only one I can be sure of.

- What might you become in the next life?

- A tree. - She smiled. - Perhaps.

- Then I would be a bird. I will find you. We promise each other.

- If I would be fish?

- I will be the water.

- If I would live another planet.

- I would be a space traveller and explorer.

We both grinned and stared deeply in each other eyes.

- The night weather is beautiful.

She broke the eyes contact and whispered, then stood up from her spot, and suddenly, so out of nowhere, she took off her clothes. I silently watched her drop off every piece of clothes, leaving her almost naked under the moonlight.