#51 - Love is a sacred shrine

But I don't wanna pray anymore....

________

Autumn in Seoul. Hands down, if people ask me what the best time in this country for me, I tell them, without hesitation, is the time between late September and mid-November. My Autumn.

The leaves crunched under my shoes when I'd walk from the car park to the main gate of the school. Along the way, I see the most stunningly golden Gingko tree in the yard by the cafe. The tree is a beautiful giant and right under its layer of golden leaves are wooden chairs covered with a couple of students and guests.

A beautiful platinum head, sitting calmly with crossed legs, a cup of coffee on her hand and a charming smile on her face catches my attention. It takes me a few seconds to recognize her. Manobal. Oh Manobal. The school name's Manobal's Gifted School. It shocks me a little. Why don't I realize the fact sooner that it's her school?

And to my surprise, when my eyes shifts to the one who is talking with her, I see Lucas. Manobal and my brother is talking. He smiles at her, a smile that I barely see from him. He always acts as a calm and introvert person around me. He seems to be much mature than his real age and I always wonders that it could reason from the fact that he has to live on his own since his young age, in this boarding gifted school, though it is one of the best in the country with all the excellent programs, teachers and facilities. I visit him every single time I'm free from work, just like today, a day off before my two-week business trip to California for my first international collaboration.

Lisa is the one who breaks the eyes contact with Lucas and shifts her eyes to my direction, like every other time, her smile drips off like it never shows up. Damn it, she is too illegal to be this gorgeous. Her gaze makes my heart skip a bit. I already hate the feeling. It doesn't feel right. But at the same time, something turns in my low stomach when I scan her whole figure. Thanks to my sunglasses, it won't make me a perv.

Taking a deep breath, I start walking to their direction. She turns to Lucas and says something. I already know it. She must be saying goodbye to him.

There is nothing that doesn't goes as I thought, Lisa left after exchanging a few words with us. She wears her sunglasses back, standing up, bitting goodbye and start walking towards the main building - she's gonna say hello to the school BOD before she's back to California this afternoon.

- Stop staring, eonie

My eyes get back to the smirking Lucas.

- I'm not!

- Okay - He speaks with eye brows going up. - So you want something to drink? - he holds up his cup, asking.

- Yeah, let's get one then.

We walk to the cafe in silence. While he orders me a cup a latte, I have been shifting my legs in anticipation about asking him about Lisa. But I just wait until we get back to our spot under the giant gingko tree to start the conversation. But I avoid Lisa's topic, as I ask him about current beings at first.

Lucas doesn't talk much, but I know he has been good. He grows up being a handsome boy, now with glasses. He told me that he got asked by one of the man from an entertainment agency to be their model while he hang out with his friend the other day. And he told him that he hated the entertainment industry. That got me speechless for a few moments, knowing the possibly true reasons under his statement. He has all the right to hate it.

That's when Lucas stops our conversation with a sudden board slime and a waving hand up in his head. I turn to see a walking woman in a pair of blue jeans and black blazer waving at us. It's Manobal. White and blue in the sky, wind in her hair, autumn is in the air and for few moments when she walks by, time slows down, just like in movie. For a second, I thought the smile is for me, and my chest bursts with unknown emotions, the warm heat, along with movement of my stomach. Damn! Damn it!