#2 - Miserable

Jennie's POV

I return to my table, heavily place the copy in my table as I don't know how to start everything ever again. I don't even understand why my copy is that bad to her. I don't know what's wrong with my copy so I don't know where to fix it.

After a while, I walk to number 12 to find Irene. I ask her some old proposals that my team used to pitch before.

- Yes, we save all the proposals, but you have to ask for Ms. Manobal's permission before you can access them.

No. Not that woman again.

- Is there any other way? - I ask in disappointment.

- No. They are the company's private assets and not anyone can access them. Why do you need to access them?

- I have to rewrite the proposal, I don't know where to start with, so I think reading some might help.

Irene can't help me, so I walk back to my table. I scan some articles in Google, but they are so general. It's already 5 p.m and I have nothing in my head to write. I have to handle the proposal at 10 in the morning tomorrow. I become desperate and that leads me to walk to Sana's table, preparing the brightest smile that I have.

- Hey Sana, I asked Irene about accessing the old proposals that my team used to pitch, you know, I need them for reference and she said I have to ask for permission from Ms. Manobal. So can you please ask her for me?

Sana is hesitant at first but then she nods.

- Ok. Sure. I will ask her and get back to you! - Sana smiles, I like this girl already, actually, I like everyone in this room, except the woman inside that room.

- Yeah! Thanks, Sana.

I beam at Sana and I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Please! God! Please Manobal! Please say yes! I pray as I walk back to my table. Five minutes pass and I see Sana walking towards me with a smile on her face, I know the answer just by looking at Sana.

- Ms. Manobal said ok. So follow me, I will lead you to the Library.

Library? This company has a library inside the company. This is Posix, get used to it, Jennie.

- And please leave your phone here, you are not allowed to bring anything that has a camera to the library.

I leave my phone and follow Sana to the fifth floor. The whole floor is a huge library covered with books. There are several staff alone and some groups of staff working in the library.

Sana leads me to a private area and scans her card. We get inside as Sana speaks up.

- Marketing files are in Row E. Proposals are in the boxes from 4 to 6. Ms Manoban said that you would have just an hour here. So I will come to pick up later, ok?

As Sana leaves and locks the door, I feel a bit creepy to be alone here, but I decide to rush to row E cause I just have an hour. I carry several files to the wooden tables and start to scan. I divide the proposals into 3 groups: governmental deals, international deals and private sector deals.

As I dig into the files, I feel like I'm finally illuminated. Posix is basically divided into 3 main focus groups. The first and biggest one is Posix Int. that I am working for, mainly focus on branding, marketing, strategic planning for Posix and be responsible for bringing new projects, deals and collaborations for other groups. The second group is Production Group including 2.200 developers working in four main fields including Gaming, Commercial, AI and Big Data. The last group is the RND group that mainly focuses on inbound projects to explore and test new technologies like robots, aviation, biometrics.