#6 - R+

Warning: This chapter contains a sensitive scene.

-----

Jennie's POV

After I borrowed Cha Hee clothes, I ride a taxi to the Four Seasons Hotel Seoul. Manobal and my clients are having a little chit chat in a posh coffee shop right on the first floor of the hotel. That is my first time I meet my clients, Mr. Yang is near 50 years old while Mr. Kim is much younger, nearly 40 years old I guess.

After a while, we head to a VIP room in a Japanese restaurant on the 15th floor of the hotel. We spend about 5 long hours talking, discussing in the restaurant. Manobal is the person who mainly talks and discusses while I just sit, eat and do nothing most of the time. I speak up when one of the two men asks. They seem nice to ask me details about the proposal I create then I have more chances to share, but Manobal never initiates talking to me. It's just sometimes our eyes meet and I get goosebumps because of her cold gaze. As I sit next to her during the dinner and I'm having so much free time, I'm continually watching her, from the way she dresses, the way she eats and talks to the way she fakes a smile.

10 pm, after dessert, Mr. Yang and Mr. Kim decide to chill out a bit, so they suggest to go to a karaoke bar. I don't want to go, but Manobal nods, so I can't say no. The karaoke is on the 25th floor, we take the elevator to go up. I feel suddenly nervous when I catch Mr. Kim stare at me and smile. I don't feel comfortable with that smile, but I have no choice but to smile back.

Chung Ha's words about Joy's sleeping with her clients flood to my head. I feel uneasy as I walk inside the karaoke room. It's just 4 of us with the neon lights, loud music and the posh smell of leather and cigar as Mr. Yang starts to smoke. For the first time, I appreciate Manobal's appearance cause she makes me feel that I'm not alone in this place. Mr. Yang shares a cigar to Manobal as Mr. Kim approaches me to ask me to sing with him. Jesus, l love singing, but not this kind of singing. My eyes fixate on Manobal, she gives back a cold stare as she releases a small stream of smoke from her pretty mouth. I have no choice, I nod to Mr. Kim. He chooses "Sick enough to die" - a duo song.

As the music starts, Mr Kim takes a big gulp of vodka, he offer a glass to warm my voice too, but I reject, of course. I sing while my heart beats fast in my chest. I don't know why I feel nervous. But I'm sure it's not because of Mr Kim's awful rapping.

Mr. Kim and Mr. Yang both compliment my singing. It's something I get used to every time I sing so I just smile back for a thank.

- Sorry I rap really bad. But I love rapping Jennie

Mr. Kim adds as he rubs his head. I don't find it cute at all.

The next song they choose is "Missing You", now both Mr. Kim and Mr. Yang stand up to rap G-Dragon's part while I sing, they pull Manobal up but she doesn't sing, her lips curl up as if she smiles.

At the end of the songs, Mr. Yang pulls the mic to Manobal, forcing her to sing. But she rejects, no way Manobal is gonna sing in a karaoke bar. But Mr. Yang just forces her to take it, his face is like he is going to get mad at her if she is not taking the mic. So Manobal takes it, but she has no plan to open her mouth.

- Manobal, if you are not going to sing, then our deal is done here! - Mr. Yang warns.

Lisa just smirks, but she slowly to take the mic close to her mouth and she starts to rap. Damn her rapping. How can I describe it for you to understand that she gets the swag when she raps. She raps the notes in the right way with her firm deep unique voice. But the best thing about that night is she looks at me when she raps. It's the only moment she looks at me that nice for the first two weeks I have been working in Posix. It is just a short part of rapping before the song ends, but it's enough for me. Manobal never fails to awe me, both in a good and bad way.