#28 - The lost sick bird

Happy birthday to my Lisapoo! I love you! :x

*******

Lisa's POV

- Ms. Manobal, you have flowers ...and chocolate?

Chen shows up at my office door, his hands are holding a rose bouquet and a white gift box.

- From whom?

- It's from me!

Kris Wu shows up at the door right behind Chen, giving me his famous smile. This guy is absolutely charming, smart and bold.

- Lisa-yah!

- Mr. Wu, what has brought you here?

- I texted you, but you haven't texted me back, so I come to ask you in person. And just Kris is ok, you told ya.

- Sorry, I put my phone in my bag while I was in some meetings earlier. You can take a seat. What do you want to ask me?

- Have you finished your work?

- Not yet. But just that?

- No... I told you the other day I would love to accompany you to one of the best restaurants in Beijing. It's Friday so today is the perfect day for me to do it.

- I would love to, but you should have informed me sooner.

- Do you have another plan?

- Yes. Tonight I'm going to treat my team dinner. They have been working hard for the whole week.

- Really? So you will treat us dinner.

Chen jumps in from nowhere. He is still in the room, just finishes placing the flowers and the chocolate box in the corner. I shot him a glare and he shuts his mouth right after that.

- You'd better go out and inform our team about it. - He nods and rushes out in seconds. Then I turn to Kris. - You could join us if you don't mind. I think it will be fun.

He wanders around my room and sometimes just patiently sits and checks on his phone, waiting for me to finish my work.

Around 8 pm, we walk out of my office room, my team has already circled around a table, chatting and laughing. They stop and slightly bow their head when they see us coming, except Jennie Kim, she just stares at us, arms cross.

- Mr. Wu will join dinner with us. Do you guys suggest any restaurant?

- I plan to bring you to a well-known restaurant in Chaoyang. I suggest going there. - Kris bugs in. - That restaurant serves the best Beijing Roast Duck and also Chinese traditional food.

- It sounds great.

I give him a smile then my eyes accidentally land on Jennie's, seeing her glaring at me. She blinks her eyes and slides her head to look at another direction when she knows she was caught.

- Jennie, you don't have a car, right? Then go with me, I will drive you. - It's Chen.

- Jennie will go with me and Mr. Wu. - I say as staring back at her. - I have to discuss something with you, Jennie. - Then I turn to Kirs. - Is that ok with you, Kirs?

He isn't really happy with that idea but he nods.

- Okay! We should go.

He says as he puts his palm on my waist, giving me his famous smile.

- I won't go with you. - Jennie suddenly speaks up. - I mean, I won't come to dinner. I'm sorry but I feel tired today and I just want to go back to my room and have some rest.