#17 - Carol

Rose's POV

I excitedly knock on the door then I wait for Jennie. After a while, she opens it and greets me with a bright smile while saying.

- Hey

- Jen! Oh my god! You don't know how much I miss you!

I come give her a tight hug, as I pull out, I find Jennie getting blush at my close gesture. She is damn cute! For sure.

I poke her cheek teasingly as chuckling a little.

- Come on, you don't plan to invite me in huh?

- Oh oh.. no.. come on in.

I leave my heels near the door then I follow Jennie. I scan the house a little. It's a very small house but clean and seems comfortable. Since Jennie just has one week before she continues the business trip with Lisa, I suggest we should have a night "date" at her home, cooking together, updating and chatting. Well, since she told me about her best Kimchi fried rice in the world, I have been dying to try it. I enter the living room first, right to its left is a small kitchen where Jennie runs to turn off the gas.

- Ahh I forget about it. - Jennie mumbles to herself.

- I bought a soju, some fruit. - I place the plastic bag on the table in the middle of the living room. - And I bring a PS for Lucas too. Where is he?

- What!? A PS? you mean a play station?

- Yeah. Is he in his room?

- No Rose, no. it is too much. Don't do this. You don't need to - Jennie says with her freaking out voice, I laugh.

- I didn't buy it, it was given as a gift from Posix Gaming but I don't play games, so I think I will give it to him. It's totally ok Jennie. Can you call him out?

Jennie gives up. She calls Lucas out and he is super excited with a new PS - it's the latest version as far as I know. While Lucas brings the new PS to his room, I walk to Jennie, decide to help her a little, even though I don't know how to cook. But talking with her while cooking sounds cool.

- What are you cooking?

- Kimchi fried rice, and seaweed soup with tofu

- Awww they smell good. But I thought we would cook together Jennie, why are you cooking without me?

- Aissh this kitchen is small, it can't stand two people. Just sit and wait for a few more minutes.

I like seeing Jennie blushing so I decide to push it a little. My mind immediately pops up a line.

- You know what? I will tell you a secret...

- Huh?

- ...I can't cook. When Lisa and I try to date for a few weeks, we were always eating out, she took me to fancy restaurants, Michelin starred food and expensive wine, kind of. But soon I was bored. I always like having a girlfriend who can cook for me, just like you do, so we can stay at home, cooking and chatting, then dinner, then cleaning, then cuddling on the sofa, then some kind of ...Netflix and chill, you know

I can't help an ear-to-ear smile when a shade of red is glowing on her cheeks while she tries to focus o stirring the rice on the pan with a yellow apron on. Cute. Seriously Cute.

- Jen, are you blushing?

- N..no... - She stutters and covers her cheek with her free hand. - It's ... it's just hot .. you know, standing in the kitchen.

She shoos me to prepare the dinner table that I'm happy to do while I still can't help the smile on my face. Jennie, what have you done to me?

To talk about Jennie's food, it's the best. She didn't lie when she said she could make a living with it. We eat, update and chat a lot. After finishing the dinner, Lucas spends his time alone in his room with the new PS while Jennie and I decided to bring the laptop to the living room watching randomly some videos on Youtube.