Chapter One

(A/N: Yes, I really did change this from a LokixOC to a LokixReader. Plot is mostly the same, although the writing is a tad better, I think. Thanks for reading!)

(Your Pov)

Have you ever believed in something beyond yourself? Have you ever wanted something to be true so bad that you'd give up just about anything for it? Have you ever had to hide from your own family- whom thought something was your mere birthright?

You have been a part of one of these such families for your entire life. Since you first opened your eyes- and if your mother had her way, until you closed them forever as well. Who would have thought being a werewolf would be so difficult?

You see, in your pack- Pack Dawnfall, that is- there are three categories a wolf can fall into. That wolves are born into- chosen, practically.

Alpha, beta, and omega.

You were foretold to be an Omega, to bring peace and well-being to your pack. Because who wouldn't want that? Of course, nothing would be official until the first full moon after your sixteenth birthday. Once a wolf's scents truly appeared to authenticate their status.

The foretelling for such statuses was nearly never wrong. And over hundreds of years, your pack has perfected it. It was uncanny.

Except for you.

*

Ceremonies have never been one of your strengths. Well, perhaps not never- however, most definitely not within the past few years. Your mother had made sure of that. Omegas are not to step out of line. They are to be used to how an Alpha sees fit- despite those rarely present nowadays. Most of their class fought between the packs, oftentimes to the death. Others were simply hunted by the humans; their dominant scents said to be like the finest cologne. Some said the same happened to Omegas-

But to you, it was monstrous.

Had one ever been born, they should be heir to rule the pack. Learning all about pack hierarchy, how each decision they made affected the others. How to control their orders so that the betas around them still had a free will. But as said before- there hadn't been one introduced in years.

So, you stayed within the pack's small forest, behind the safest and strongest in your pack. Your mother- as well as the other officials- insisted on it. It wasn't like you could revolt, you were supposed to be an Omega. Surrendering at the slightest of instructions. From anybody, about anybody.

It just wasn't natural to you. Of course, over time these feelings were simply brushed off as a 'phase', despite them never resting. You knew you weren't meant for this. To simply be used and cast aside.

But it was your destiny, like any other trait forced upon you. To be calm, submissive, a little silent whore.

It was disgusting.

But right now, you couldn't think about that. Not while standing next to your mother, awaiting the time to come. The moment that would solidify you to this lifestyle- that would confirm everything you've been training for. Everything you never wanted in the first place. Place permanence on everything that was unnatural to you.

When you looked out through the crowds, you could see every member of your family. Some in human form, and some in their wolf reciprocal. It always struck you as odd how much times had changed, how much the customs and rules had as well. With no Alpha in years, the pack had turned to its strongest and most power seeking for guidance. The ones that would do anything to keep everyone in line- despite if it was best for the individuals. Which, in hindsight, was most likely how you ended up in this situation in the first place.