Chapter Twenty-One

(Your Pov)

You know... at first you were amused. A wolf tail on a human? It was amusing. The Avengers laughed off your partial shift, as did Loki and yourself. Your wolf was just having a bit of fun. Nothing to be concerned about. The others petted your fur with your permission, and the strange addition was shrugged off.

But when the tail wouldn't go away, that's when your fun turned into disaster.

You now stood in your room, staring down a mirror you had stolen from Nat. The glass leaned against the wall of your bedroom, tall enough that you could see your entire body. You really did try to convince your wolf to shift back. You really did. But as the time passed trying to calm yourself enough to shrink it down, the more doubt grew within you.

There was no reason for you to have a forced shift. You've met and completed the soulmate bond, it was nowhere near the full moon, and there was no Alpha challenging you. There was no reason for a forced shift. Let alone one that only transformed your tail.

You stared at the mirror, tail drifting slowly behind you. It was easy enough to control when you focused, but when crossed against your emotions... Let's just say it started becoming a hazard. For example, when Loki had stroked his hand along it. The sensation made your tail start to wag, inevitably leading to its discovery by the team.

Just the thought made it start to wiggle behind you. You brushed a hand along it, sighing. If this was a normal, willing shift, then by all means you should be able to shift back. Tony wasn't a werewolf, and no official challenge was decreed. Therefore no Alpha challenged you. It was a last resort of a thought, but when you were stuck as partially wolf, you were out of options.

But even then, if a werewolf Alpha did challenge you, rare is a moment that actually causes a shift against your will. It's more of a right to battle than any inherited werewolf law. So, without any of the three reasons, there should have been no reason this was a forced shift. It couldn't be.

You stared in the mirror, willing for the tail to fade away.

But you couldn't.

The tail would remain until you could sleep it off.

But until whatever issue caused it to appear was resolved, it would continue to appear. Just as the soulmates' shifting, or the full moon.

Fuck.

With all the time in the world to kill, you decide to nap until further notice. Hoping this new development would at least follow the most basic of shifting rules.

*

"Miss Y/N?" A voice called from the beyond, echoing through the dreamscape you created. It was a peaceful dream, one that you relished every moment of. A place where you ruled over all those who have ever wronged you. "Miss Y/N, I must insist you wake up." The volume increased the second time around, as you finally managed to peek your eyes open. But you didn't want to wake up yet. The pillows had accepted you as one of their own, and if you left now, you would betray their trust.

That didn't stop the ceiling robot from yelling at you. "Miss Y/N, if you do not wake up now I will resort to informing the team of your relationship."

What?

You bolt up in bed, receiving a beep of acknowledgement from Jarvis. So much for a quick nap, as the afternoon sun streamed in through the edges of the drapes. But there was a more pressing matter at hand. "W-What relationship?"

"You are Mr. Loki's soulmate." Shit.

Shit.

Shiiiiiiiit.