Chapter Twelve

(A/N: Caution from the '***' until the end of the chapter: gore/violence. Thanks for reading!)

(Your Pov)

"Don't make trouble, escape, use magic, break any normal rules- and do not burn down this tower." Steve rushed through the rules, as the others were called out on a mission. "Try not to get hurt from anything, either." All six of the Avengers, out of the tower.

And you were stuck on Loki duty. Well, you tried to make it seem that way. Of sorts.

"Be good, brother." Thor said to Loki, walking out with his armor gleaming. They were all battle-ready, prepared for whatever threat deemed worthy of the entire team.

"Of course." He smirked mischievously, Thor sighing at Loki's antics. He turned toward you, stopping a moment. Changing his statement last second.

"I was going to say you are in charge, Lady Y/N. But I do not know if that is a much better fate." Thor's hesitant face amused you. What, did he doubt your abilities to keep your mate in line?

At your laugh, and time running out, Thor accepts that all the warnings possible had already been dished out to the troublemakers. Leaving with the rest of the team in a hurry.

And for a few seconds, it was peaceful. The jet takes off from the roof, shaking the windows of the building.

"So," Loki starts, the moment he realises you're alone. "What would you like to do, little wolfling?"

Wolfling? How many more of these nicknames could he come up with?

You glance over, finding that god-damned perfect mischievous smirk across his face. The one you couldn't help but practically obsess over. "Ah, but I'm supposed to be watching you." You tease, striding up to stand mere inches from him. How was he so tall? "So the real question is, what will appease your boredom, but still keep you out of trouble?"

For a few seconds, the two of you simply stared at each other's eyes. Fighting to ignore your close proximity, as well as the playful smirks riding the other's lips.

Ignore it. You wouldn't be unwilfully bound by soulmate laws any more than you had to.

Even if Loki was one of the most handsomest people you've met.

"I will do whatever you'd like." He murmured, your eyes lighting up when he played to your Alpha.

Damn you, Loki. He knew you had less control over your wolf as the full moon approached. And yet he still teased. However harmlessly he thought it was. Loki was called the god of mischief for a reason.

So, what else was there to do with someone trying to fluster you, than to completely obliterate their attempt?

A happy-go-lucky smile spreads across your face. "Then I would like to cuddle, and plan what I can for my day off." You grab his hand, dragging your prince to the couch. Where you plop him down, sitting on his lap a moment later.

He laughed. "Of course this is what you choose."

"Have something else in mind?" You tease, just as he had to you. Loki had no excuse for his actions. He knew you acted more impulsively until your wolf could be unleashed.

Loki said nothing, wrapping his arms around you instead. Giving in to the power of the cuddles. Good mate. "You said you had a day off?" He murmured, barely loud enough for your wolf ears to hear.

"I do. I asked Stark if I could have a day alone for 'religious reasons'." You chuckle lightly, feeling Loki tense beneath you.

"Alone?" Shit. You slipped up.