ten

Over the months since Hazel Swan and Edward Cullen started dating, Edward was thinking if they ever have to leave, he couldn't. Leaving Hazel behind hurts along with the others. Looking at the calendar, Edward smiled as he saw today was Hazel's birthday.

Ella snuck into her daughter's room and sat down on her bed with a present in her hand. "Hazel." She said as Hazel groaned and turned away. "I think its time for a certain birthday girl to wake up or I'm going to call Edward over here and get you out of this bed."

"You wouldn't." Hazel said.

"Wanna bet." Ella said. Hazel turned away causing Ella to pull her phone out and dial Edward's number. "Hello, Edward, I need...'

"Mom!" She screamed as Ella ran. "Hang up!"

"I need you to come here and get my stubborn daughter out of bed."
~~~
Edward arrived at the Swan's and shook his head as he saw Hazel. She stopped running and smiled. "Hi." She said as she looked at her clothes. "I'll be right back."

Edward shook his head as he appeared in front of her. Hazel tried to hide the blush that was threatening to show. "You look perfect the way you are." He tells her. "But we do have school. I'll be waiting."

Hazel smiled as she ran inside. Ella walked out of her hiding spot and saw Edward. "Edward, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Make today special for her." Ella says. "Can you do that?"

"Yes." He said as Hazel walked out. "Ready?"

"Yes." She tells him as she kissed her mom's cheek. "I'll see you later."

"Have a wonderful day." Ella said as she watched Hazel and Edward leave. She actually hopes Edward makes today on of the best days Hazel has ever have.
~~~
At school, Hazel saw Bella and walked up to her. "Happy birthday." She says making Bella turn to look at her.

"The only day the two of us share." She says. "Happy birthday, Hazel."

Hazel smiled as she felt arms wrap around her. "How has your day been?" He asked as she looked at him.

"Great." She tells him. "Why? Did mom tell you to do something?"

Edward didn't say a word as he looked at her. Ella wants him to make today special, but how can he. "Hazel, what do you want for your birthday?" He asked her as Hazel looked at him.

Hazel smiled as she looked at him. "What I want is to spend the day with you." She tells him. "I want today to be just the both of us, but seeing Alice with that bag means she wants to throw a party."

Edward turned and sighed as he was hoping that he would made his mate's wish come true. He looked at Hazel to see her looking at him. He smiled as he knew what he wanted to do for Hazel's birthday. If all goes well.
~~~
After school, Edward left to set something up for Hazel's day she wanted for them. He walked in hearing Hazel and Alice talking. "Since we left the house, Edward won't tell me what mom was doing." Hazel says. "I would like to know if something was wrong..."

"Nothing's wrong." He said. "It was something she was hoping to happen before this party started and I didn't get to do just that."

Hazel stood up and grabbed his hand. "Don't worry about today. I have you here and that's all I could ask for."

Edward smiled as he kissed her. Alice smiled at the two and walked downstairs. Edward pulled back before guiding her out of the room. "You guys didn't have to do this."

"We wanted to make your day special." Esme tells her. "Go on ahead and open your gift."

Edward watched Hazel open her gifts. One by one, even down to plane tickets to go see Renee and Phil which brought tears to her eyes as she looked at Edward. "You told them?"

"I knew you wanted to go see them so there is actually three tickets. The third one is for Bella."

"You thought of my cousin?"

"You said that you wanted to spend more time with your cousin so I told them to make sure there is a third ticket." Edward tells her. "I want you to keep your word when it comes to your family."

Hazel smiled as she was glad that she could bring her cousin along with her.
~~~
Edward heard them talking about leaving because of Carlisle's age. He sighed as he looked at them. "I would be making a mistake if I left Hazel." He said.

"You're making the mistake by staying here." Rosalie said. "We have to keep her safe."

Edward stood up. "I rather live with that mistake instead of leaving." Edward said. "I still have a gift to show Hazel and I will tell her I'm staying. I can't leave her."

Carlisle stopped the others from speaking as they watched Edward go to his room. "He has made his choice. Edward stays here with his mate and that's final."