eleven

Hazel went to school the next day, but noticed that the other Cullens were gone and that it was Edward. He walked over to her and grabbed her hand making her look at him. "What's wrong?" She asked him.

"Come with me." He said. "Its something you need to know."

Hazel nodded as she took his hand and followed him to his car. Bella was confused with why they were skipping, but shrugged it off as she had to plan something with Jacob later. "Edward, where are the others?"

"They left and wanted me to go." He tells her. "I couldn't as that would have been a mistake and staying here is a mistake, but not as bad as the first one." Hazel looked at him. "Hazel, I love you too much to leave you behind like that. The thought of breaking your heart...It hurts me."

"Pull over." She tells him.

Edward pulled over confused. Hazel unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned over. Edward was shocked that she kissed him. Kissing her back proved that the mistake he made by staying was the right one.
~~~
Edward arrived at the spot he had set up for Hazel making her look at him. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Edward." She said as she looked at the picnic area. "You did this, for me?"

"Your mom wanted me to make your birthday the best, but after you left, it was told that we had to leave. I couldn't do that to you not after I saved you and decided to take my chances of being with you." He sighed. "One of the biggest mistakes I have made was ignoring you when I first came here. I realized how much I have missed out on in one year."

"Edward, I knew when you first came here that all the girls wanted you, but I was too afraid because of what I had went through." Hazel tells him. "I started falling for you because you never once stepped out of line, even though you wouldn't talk to me."

"That was another mistake." Edward said as he kissed her head.

"I love you, Edward."

"I love you, Hazel."