five

Hazel smiled as she got dressed. She looked at herself in the mirror with a smile. She felt good about herself and couldn't wait till she got to school. After last night, Hazel has finally admitted it to herself. She was in love with Edward Cullen. Grabbing her necklace and jacket, she was gone in no time.

Edward leaned against his car as he waited. He wanted to tell her so badly, but at the same time, he was scared to do so. He heard the door opening making him look and smile as Hazel walked out. She stood still for a moment. "Edward?" She questioned as she walked over to him. "What brings you by?"

"Thought I could give you a ride."

Hazel smiled as she hugged him. Ella smiled as she watched Hazel and Edward hug one another. Hazel pulled back and walked to the passenger side with Edward opening the door. Hazel kissed his cheek making him smile. He knew that he definitely has to tell her the truth now because he was in love with his mate. She needs to know.
~~~
The next day, Hazel was on her way to school when she hit black ice. Hazel was panicking as she tried to gain control before she collided with a tree. Hazel blacked out once her head hit the steering wheel. The sound of her horn was the one thing that was going off.

At school, Edward was looking for his mate when the bell rang. He knew Hazel would have been there by now. He heard his phone ringing and picked it up. "Hello." He said.

"Edward, I need you to come to the hospital." Carlisle said making Edward freeze as his family walked out as Bella ran towards her truck in tears.

"What happened?" He asked.

"It's Hazel."

Edward froze. His mate was in the hospital. Without saying a word, Edward hung up and ran to his car. The others watched as Edward drove off. For once in Edward's life, he was praying that his mate was okay. He didn't care about the speed as he drove towards the hospital.

Once he arrived, Ella had just arrived and walked over to hug him. "She's going to be okay." He tells her.

Ella nodded as they walked in together. Charlie hugged Bella as she was crying. Inside, Hazel was sleeping peacefully when Edward walked in and took her hand. Kissing her hand as he laid his head down on the bed. "I'm right here." He tells her. "I'll always be right here."

Hazel woke up to see Edward and smiled. "Edward."

He looked and smiled at her. "You're okay."

"Yeah and I'll live." She tells him.

Ella walked in and smiled as she saw her daughter awake. Edward looked at Ella and kissed Hazel's head before leaving them to talk. Edward walked out and saw his family. "How is she?" Alice asked.

"She's fine." He said.

Edward heard his name and looked at his mate. She was blushing as her mother playfully pushed her. Edward smiled as Alice walked over. "You know it won't be long till she knows." Alice tells him. "You need to tell her."

"I know, but how will she take it." Edward said making Alice smile at him.
~~~
Hazel smiled as she got to stay home and relax. Even though she was invited to La Push, she turned it down so she can heal. Hearing a knock at her door made her confused as to who it was. She walked over to the door and opened it to see... "Edward."

"Hey."

Hazel moved to the side to let him in making her smile. She shut the door and looked at him curiously. "Why did you come by?"

"Hazel, I thought I almost lost you again."

"Again? What do mean by again?" Hazel asked him as Edward stood in the middle of the room. "Edward?"

He turned around and walked to her. Placing a strand of hair behind her ear as he looked into her eyes. "The night that you almost died was the night I saved you." Hazel stared at him in shock. "I watched the car go over the bridge and I saw a glimpse of you in the passenger seat. I pulled over and quickly dived into the water to get you out. When I reached the car, you looked right at me before passing out."

Hazel stayed quiet as memories of that night came back. She started to remember seeing Edward before everything went black. "It was you that I heard."

"Yes." He said.

Hazel grabbed him and kissed him. Edward relaxed as he kissed her. He laid her on the couch before pulling away. "I can't." He said as he went to leave.

"Don't go. Please." She tells him making Edward turn around and looked at her. He nodded and walked over to her. "So you saved me?"

Edward smiled as he continued telling her his story of that night. Hazel was glad that it was him that saved her cause now she knew who she wanted for the rest of her life. Edward Cullen.