one

The sound of the alarm clock blaring woke up Hazel Swan from the same dream from that night. She looked at the time to know her mother was at work as was her uncle. She knew her cousin was back in Forks, but Hazel preferred to stay to herself. She gathered her clothes and went to take a shower.

Memories of that night came back as she was trying to understand who the figure was. Something was familiar about the figure and even after she passed out the words he said flowed through her ears. "Hazel, everything is going to be okay. I can't lose you."

The voice was all she could remember, but she hopes to find him and thank him.
~~~
Once she arrived at the school, all eyes went to her as soon as she got out of her car. Hazel looked around for her cousin just to lock eyes with Edward Cullen. Hazel smiled a little and left.

Edward on the other hand knew he needed to finally talk to her. It was time to stop fighting it and get to know his mate.

Hazel sighed as she still hasn't seen her cousin, but she did feel someone beside her. She looked to see Edward. "Good morning, Edward." She said kindly. Usually he wouldn't say a word to her, but she was being friendly.

"Good morning, Hazel."

Right there. Hazel actually heard him talk. The first time in two years. "Took you two years."

"Yeah, I was trying to figure out a way to actually talk to you without my family."

Hazel nodded. Usually Edward was either with Emmett or Jasper. This time, it was just him. She smiled at him and went to say something when the bell rang. "I guess we'll talk later?"

"Yes." Edward tells her making Hazel smile a little.

As she walked to class, her mind drifted to his voice. It sounded familiar.
~~~
Lunch came around and Hazel just arrived as did Edward. Their eyes connected like it has for two years. Everyone wondered when the two will finally give in to temptation. Hazel turned around and walked out not feeling hungry all of a sudden. Edward followed as Bella looked at Jessica confused.

"Since they've came here, Edward has been in love with Hazel, but doesn't know how to approach her. Hazel, as you know, is shy."

"I know. She never dated or once had a crush." Bella said looking towards the door where her cousin left. "I'll be happy if she gives Edward a chance."

"Why?"

"There's a lot more to Hazel that no one knows, but me. Ella doesn't even know."

Jessica and Angela knew something right there that Hazel Swan was a mystery and probably why she's so quiet.
~~~
Hazel sat in the library as Edward walked in. He saw her and walked over. "Hey."

Hazel looked up and smiled a little. "Hey."

"Are you okay?" He asked as she nodded. "Okay, I thought that maybe you didn't want to be around your cousin."

"No, I just hate the pity looks." Hazel confessed. "All I see are those looking at me with sympathy."

Edward nodded knowing that Hazel gets uncomfortable by stares. Especially for the past two years. They always managed to catch one another eyes and everyone would look back in forth to see what will happen. "Just ignore them."

"I will try the next time." Hazel said as the bell rang. "I'll see you in biology."

Edward nodded as he watched Hazel walk away and sighed. Maybe if I continue to talk to her than she will be more comfortable.
~~~
"I'm so glad we have a class together." Bella said as she walked with her cousin. Hazel smiled as she nodded. She truly wanted a class with Bella.

"There's one empty seat beside Bridgit Jones."

"Okay." Bella said.

The two walked in and greeted Mr. Molina. Bella noticed that as soon as Hazel walked by the fan that Edward closed his eyes like he was enjoying the scent of Hazel Swan. Edward loved the smell of honey coming from Hazel. She sat down and smiled shyly. "Hello, Edward."

"How's your day been, Hazel?"

"Good." She tells him. "I ignored the stares and focused on getting today over with."

"Good." Edward said smiling.

Hazel smiled as she got her 'zombie worms' as Mr. Molina nicknamed the worms. She did as instructed as did Edward, but he managed to scoot a little closer making Hazel smile.

The two were finished before anyone, but sat in comfortable silence. Edward watched as Hazel wrote in her notebook and knew the girl was writing down a paragraph to her essay. Edward couldn't wait for her to learn the truth, but he doesn't know which truth he wants first.

"Edward?"

"Hmm?"

"The bell rang." Hazel tells him.

Edward nodded and stood up. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Edward."

Edward watching as his mate left and knew he needed to talk to Alice. He wanted to know her, but he wanted to know if there was more to Hazel Swan. The girl he waited for all his life. The one who will make him feel complete.