twelve

Ella smiled as she saw her daughter sleeping on Edward's chest as he watched tv. "Edward, you may have made mistakes, just treat her right."

"I will, but this wasn't a mistake. The mistake I made was never talking to her in the first place." He said. "I should have because I came close to missing out on someone as amazing as her." Edward looked at Hazel in his arms. "I have her now and I'm not letting her go."

"Good." Ella says. "She loves you, Edward."

Edward watched her leave causing him to smile a bit. He looked at Hazel and closed his eyes to act like he was asleep.
~~~
The next day, Hazel walked with Bella through school. "Edward stayed behind?" Hazel nodded. "Why didn't he come to school then?"

"Mom is letting him stay with us till his family decides to come back and he still is getting his thing. That's why he didn't come." She said. "I don't think they can stay away knowing one member of their family is here because he didn't want to leave me."

Bella smiled. "I'm just glad he didn't hurt you."

"Me too." Hazel said. "Now, let's talk about you and Jacob Black."

Bella blushed a bit, but told her anyways. She told her how she invited Jacob and Mike to the movies soon causing her to shake her head. Hazel was happy that her cousin was trying to figure out who she wanted to date, but she hopes that Bella chooses wisely. She already knew who Bella actually likes.
~~~
Edward looked around his empty room and sighed. The house was empty without his family, but he still has Hazel. The girl he could never hurt. He picked up a picture of him and Hazel. Edward smiled at it as he was thinking of what to do so they could be alone. Getting an idea, Edward left the Cullen house in search of a beautiful spot for him and Hazel.

At the Swan's, Hazel was looking at the cook book as she cooked. "Let's see what else I need..." she trailed off as she read the book. "Sour cream."

Ella arrived to smell meat cooking. She walked into the kitchen to see a lot of food. "Hazel, you over did it again."

Hazel looked behind her to see what her mom meant. "Oops." She said. "Sorry."

"Don't worry, Hazel. I'll take some to Charlie."

"Mom, how is uncle Charlie? I haven't seen him in awhile."

"He's been busy, but you and Edward should go see him."

"What about you?"

"I see him everyday for lunch and he asks about you."

Hazel smiled as she missed him too. "I'll go."

"Where's Edward?"

"He went to get his clothes. I haven't heard from him since this morning."

Edward walked through the door with his belongings. "Sorry it took so long. I was making sure I had everything and my phone died."

Ella smiled as she watched Hazel kiss him. "You lied." She whispered.

"I'll tell you the truth upstairs."

Hazel looked at the food. "I'll eat then I'll come up."

Edward nodded as he took his things upstairs. Hazel saw her mom talking to her uncle and wondered what Edward wanted.
~~~
After dinner, Hazel walked in her room as Edward was reading. "What did you want to tell me?"

"I have a big surprise for you once I'm done with it." He tells her.

"Edward..."

"I did it because this is a way for us to get away. Just you and me."

Hazel smiled as she hugged him and kissed him. Edward smiled as he kissed her back causing her to smile. Ella looked in her daughter's room smiling that Hazel has the love she deserves. Keep her happy, Edward.