15: Charming

"The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad

If we got each other, and that's all we have"

-If we have each other, Alec Benjamin.

<----->

"The ceremony is about to commence. It is time for Alec Lightwood and Lydia Branwell to mark each other with the Wedded Union rune. A rune on the hand, a rune on the heart, a union is born."

Alec and Lydia stood opposite each other on the podium. A silent brother was officiating the ceremony. All around them, flowers, streamers and ribbons decorated the hall in which all of the guests were seated. Alec was dressed in a handsome white and black suit, looking gorgeous. His fiancee, Lydia was also dressed in an elegant white gown, her eyes sparkling as she held Alec's hand. Alec, on the other hand, wasn't particularly as happy as he should have been on his wedding day. Before the ceremony started, he had been scanning the room for any sign of Viola, but she hadn't shown up.

He stared back at Lydia just as the creak of the door rippled through the awfully quiet room. He turned his eyes towards the door. Viola stood, looking Alec straight in the eye. Her cloudy eye's were glistening with small tears as her beautiful silver dress made her look like a princess. The charming clothes she wore did not go well with her disappointed, sad expression.

Alec heard Jace move towards him but his eyes were fixed on Viola.

"Are you gonna be okay, buddy?"Jace whispered.

Lydia noticed how Alec was going pale. "Alec? Hey" she asked.

"I... I can't breathe." Alec whispered as he broke his gaze from Viola.

"I know. It's okay." Lydia said calmly. .

Alec looked between Lydia and Viola. "I can't do this. I thought we were doing the right thing, but...this isn't it."

____________________

(1 hour before)

"I don't think I'll be able to go." Viola said as she collapsed on Isabelle's bed.

"Of course you will...It's Alec's big day." Isabelle replied as she went through the dresses hung on the cupboard. "I just hate to see Alec throw away everything as if marriage isn't a big deal. Besides, I forgot to buy a dress" Viola complained. She was dressed in a black crop top and pants and was frowning at Isabelle. At the mention of her dress Isabelle turned around, "I don't agree with my brother's choice but I'm still going to support him." Her face brightened. "And, I already got you a dress." Viola gaped at her as she brought out an ever too revealing silver gown. "I- This? Come on, it's so distracting."

Isabelle's eyes twinkled, "That is the point."

Viola looked at her suspiciously, "Your using me as your pawn to distract Alec?" She grinned. "I'm in, at least I'll have something to do during the wedding rather than focus on the Groom and Bride."

Isabelle smiled and asked Viola to start getting ready. "You can change in the bathroom. I'll help you get ready. Clary should be coming over any minute too." She handed Viola the dress who stalked, still grumbling, towards the bathroom. The blonde girl tried on the dress and she had to admit as she studied herself; Isabelle had style. The dress was silver, long and shiny which outlined her body perfectly. The top part was made of thin straps and low necklines which made Viola blush. The dress went till a little above her knee before it split open and draped down one leg. Because of that style, her legs were mostly bare and gave her enchanting snake heeled shoes space to shine on her feet. Viola exited the bathroom and saw that Isabelle, who was dressed in a similar dress but it was Gold, and Clary, who was also wearing a similar dress but it was blueish green, rushing around excitedly. Both of the girls gasped as Viola entered.