7: Envoys

"Don't move. Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Jace said to the figure in the dark.

The figure, quietly, moved into the light just as Clary came racing behind them. In his arms, a young boy, with brown hair and glasses lay not moving. Viola felt Alec and Isabelle put down their blades and arrows. They had just arrived at the institute and hidden the cup, when they got an alert for an intruder along the institute's boundary.

"Oh my god, Simon!" Clary shrieked.

_____________________

There was an old abandoned underground storage area right next to the institute. It was hardly ever used and had plenty of space. Thus, it was the best place to examine a Mundane bitten by a vampire who had died. "People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." Jace said worriedly.

"We'll go. We'll tell 'em we didn't find anything." Alec helped, looking at Viola.

She nodded, "Nobody will come down here."

She and Alec made her way back to the institute. There, both of them explained that they found no one and it had been a stray animal who had wandered towards the institute.

"What do you thinks gonna happen to him?" Viola whispered to Alec. "His name's Simon right?"

"I don't know what's gonna happen. And I don't really care. He should have known better than to stick his nose into the shadow world." He replied.

Viola glared at him. "It wouldn't hurt to be a little more considerate." She scolded.

Alec shrugged at got up. "I need to go. Mom and Dad need to talk to me and Isabelle about something. Best not to keep them waiting for long." He explained and left Viola to wonder about what would happen to Simon.

____________________

Viola decided that now was the best time to talk to Matt. Alec still wasn't back and she wasn't going to go back to the storage room, considering it creeped her out. For some reason, she wasn't able to find Matt in the institute. Viola hadn't seen him in a long time and was getting worried. Finally, she called him. After a long time of accusing and crying, she came to know he was leaving,

"Why haven't you been answering my calls? Plus, where even are you? I've seen you once since you came back..." she asked him.

She heard silence on the other side until Matt spoke again softly.

"I didn't want to freak you out, but I've been transferred to the LA institute. They think its best if they remove "extra" shadow hunters to safety. I don't enjoy it, but it's better than going to Idris. Viola felt her heart ache. 'Matt- I understand- But the least you could have done was tell me." She exclaimed. "I didn't want to trouble you. You were making new friends and I thought if I left, it wouldn't be that bad. Besides, I'll be back in a month or so."

Viola muttered a small "suppose so." And cut the call.

______________________

"Alec, you think you can get my stele back?" Max asked his big brother.

"They took it away because you nearly burned down the Mumbai Institute." Alec replied as they made there way through the institute.

Max rolled his eyes. 'How many times do I have to say, it was an accident?"

Alec turned his little brother around and sat on his knees to talk to him on his level.

"Look Max, someone important is coming to visit the institute. You think you could stay out of trouble for just a few days?" He asked him earnestly. Max nodded.