Season 2- 19: Dead or Alive

"Yeah, do we really gotta do this now? here with all your friends aroundIn the morning, we can work it outWork it out"

-Easier, 5 seconds of summer

"Any word from the Clave?" Isabelle asked Lydia as the pair walked down the rows of shadowhunters working to track Valentine.

"Not yet, and we've been trying for the past four hours. Something's up." Lydia replied.

"Mmm, the Clave being unhelpful?" Viola added sarcastically as she and Magnus joined them at the table where a worried Alec stood. She was wearing a black top and pants paired with hiking boots she borrowed from Isabelle. Her hair were loose on her shoulders and her seraph blade was strapped loosely to her waist.

"Who's shocked? Show of hands?" Magnus added and grinned at Viola.

"I'm worried. I can't sense Jace through our parabatai bond." Alec exclaimed as they huddled around the table. Viola, stood next to him and reassured the shadowhunter.

"We'll find him, Alec." She said, smiling at him hopefully.

"When we arrested Hodge, he said Valentine was on a ship. They must still be over water." Isabelle said thoughtfully. Lydia nodded.

"Pull up the waterways around New York. The ship couldn't have gone too far." She asked as Magnus motioned Viola to come help with the tracking using Jace's shirt. She put her hand on his bloody shirt and closed her eyes.

"Anything?" Alec asked, looking up at them.

Viola shook her head sadly, "Sorry. Magnus and I have done everything we can."

Alec huffed and said, "There's got to be something!" His voice rising slowly.

His tone surprised Viola but she decided it wasn't best to argue with the Lightwood at the moment.

"I don't see him." She muttered quietly. Alec walked towards the front of the table and looked down at the hustle of the shadowhunters. Magnus looked at Viola and whispered, "I'm going to leave. Meet you back at the loft." He winked as Viola smiled quietly, still looking up at Alec.

The boy turned towards the shadowhunters and called out, "All right, listen up!"

The crowd huddled in front of him, listening keenly. "I want 24/7 monitoring of the Hudson and East Rivers. If you see anything unusual, you come to me first." Alec pointed towards himself. Lydia took a step forward to face him. "I've got this, Alec." She said. Alec glared at her.

"Then why haven't you found Jace yet?" He shot back at the girl.

Lydia looked at him sternly. "Don't forget who you're talking to. I am still the head of this institute."

"And my brother is still missing!" Alec yelled back.

Isabelle moved closer to them, a concerned expression on her face. "Why don't you just take a break?"

"Not now, Izzy." Alec replied, not looking at his sister.

Lydia however, replied, "Isabelle's right, and it's not a request. You're dismissed." Alec looked from Lydia to his sister.

"Fine!" He exclaimed taking a step back. Viola moved closer to him and gently put her hand on his shoulder. "Hey...Alec it's alright-" She began but Alec jerked away from her as he yelled, "Everybody, just back off!" And stormed away, a grey cloud following his moody expression. Viola looked at Isabelle in surprise. The lightwood grimaced and replied, "Give him some time. He's Jace's parabatai."