23: Dealings

"It's okay, Alec. You hear me? We're gonna get you out of here and bring you back." Viola said softly, as she reached out to hold an unconscious Alec's hand. Magnus was in the corner of the room attempting to create a revival potion as Isabelle sat on a chair, looking gravely at her brother. The doors of Alec's room swung open as a group of 3 shadow hunters, led by Victor Aldertree, stormed inside. Aldertree turned upon Isabelle.

"You put in a request to transfer your brother to Idris?" He asked the Lightwood.

Isabelle stood up. "My parents put in the request."

"Alec isn't leaving this institute. I'm sure your warlock friend can figure something out."

For a moment, Viola thought Aldertree was referring to her but when she saw his gaze was towards Magnus she got up.

"This isn't waking Sleeping Beauty with a kiss. Runic power is deep." She said too Aldertree.

"It requires magic that can't be accessed in the walls of this institute." Magnus added, looking equally insulted.

Aldertree shook his head. "I don't know what you're up to, and, ultimately, I don't care. But as far as I'm concerned, your brother is too weak to be Portaled."

"No. You're just using Alec as bait to arrest Jace." Isabelle said accusingly.

"No, I'm working to capture the fugitive who put Alec in this position. I have allowed this warlock into the Institute for the sole purpose of treating your brother. Although, you don't seem to be doing too good a job of it. I'm placing Raj by the door. Do not try this again." Aldertree said sternly, shot a glare at everyone in the room, especially at Isabelle and left. Isabelle in turn, glared at Raj who had gone to stand near the door. Raj shrugged," I'm just under orders"

"Shut up, Raj." Viola replied, turning away from him and towards Magnus.

"Magnus. You should leave." She exclaimed.

Magnus looked startled, "But Alec-"

"I'll take care of him. Look, Aldertree is dangerous, and I can't put you at risk just because you were trying to help me. Please. I don't want anything to happen to you." Viola pleaded.

Magnus looked at her for a moment and then pulled her into a hug, his eyes on Raj as he quickly stuffed a piece of paper into Viola's hand. Viola was surprised and looked up at him, only to see he was quietly nodding and with a pat on her back, Magnus left.

_____________

The golden shimmers that had been emitting from Viola's hands disappeared into thin air. She was leaning beside Alec, hoping that her magic would be able to wake him up, but it hadn't been of much use.

"Alec?" She asked, hopefully. No reply came. "Damnit!" The blonde yelled and swished her hand around in anger. A vase that had been standing on a table, flew from its place and crashed into the wall, breaking into tiny pieces. Raj coughed.

"You know you're gonna have to clean that up?"

Viola glared at him, "Shut up."

Raj coughed again. "I'm sorry but I have direct orders. If you can't help him, then you need to go."

Viola looked taken aback, she advanced on Raj, "My magic is the only thing keeping Alec from completely slipping away. If I leave, God know's what'll happen to him. I won't leave."

Raj sighed. "I realised you were an abnormality with your powers and what not but I didn't realize you were hard of hearing too. He's clearly not waking up any time soon, so you can leave now, or I can remove you myself..." The shadowhunter took a step forward.