10: Choices

"I love you so much that I hate you

Right now, it's so hard to blame you

                      Cause you're so damn beautiful".             

-Easier, 5 seconds of Summer

<------>

"Alec, call this off now." Jace said as he stalked through the door to Clary's room.

Alec turned around "I guess Clary's bedroom is in part of Switzerland? We can't call it off. We have to find the Mortal Cup. Meliorn told us Clary had it. It's all clear."

"Of course it is." Jace said sarcastically.

"It's not here. Let's keep looking."

"What is going on with you?"

"Look, Jace, we have to turn over the Cup."

"Alec, she's risked everything to find it."

"And we've risked everything for her." Alec retorted back. "Either she gives the Cup to Lydia, or I'll do it myself."

Jace paused. "Look, I'll bring her back. But, please, let Clary be the one to give the Cup to the Clave. We owe her that much."

"It's the right call. You'll see." Alec simply said.

_____________________

Isabelle, Alec and Jace stood in a corner deep in discussion,

"But he may not know anything." Isabelle argued.

Jace noticed the distress on his sister's face. "Alec, this is going too far."

"We don't have a choice." Alec replied.

Jace glared at him. "And neither do we." He said as he stormed off with Isabelle.

___________________

"Hold up. Let me get this straight." Viola interrupted. "You need Alec's stele to open the safe, and you want "me" to steal it from him?"

"We prefer the word "borrow." Jace shrugged.

"Without his knowledge." Isabelle added, a sly smile on her face.

Viola shook her head."No. No can do. Not happening."

"Viola, ever since Alec found out our parents were in the Circle, he's been messed up. He can't see the big picture." Jace explained.

"If the Clave is willing to subject Meliorn to the Silent Brothers, if they're willing to go this far... what do you think will happen if they get the Cup? This affects everyone." Isabelle's voice was so grave, it gave Viola chills.

"Help us get into that safe. Help us stop this." Jace looked up at Viola hopefully.

Viola hesitated but made up her decision "You're both going to owe me. And by that I mean favours, big, big favours."

"There you go." Jace grinned.

"And Alec can never know." Viola added quietly.

Isabelle shrugged. "That's a given."

"If we're going to do this...there's no turning back."

___________________________

Viola was really debating setting fire to her shoes. The black boots she was wearing weren't the best at sneaking around. Nonetheless, she finally, quietly, made her way to Alec room. Outside, she faced the wall and swung her hands across a piece of the wall. It instantly dissolved and Viola could see through it. Alec was sitting on the table, shirt off, cloth in hand, and was attending to a wound on his shoulder blade. She tried not to get to distracted by shirtless Alec and reminded herself he was getting married to a She-devil (Lydia). With another snap of her hands, the stele from Alec's pocket, quietly, flew out past Viola and hopefully, to Jace. Just then, there was movement from inside the room and Alec got up. Vila turned away and was half way through making a timely exist when a curious voice came from behind her.