4: Raven-haired Lightwood

"I need your help." said Jace.

Alec took a deep breath, "You okay?"

"I'm fine. It's Magnus and Viola. They need your powerful shadowhunter energy, or something like that"

"M-Magnus and Viola...why do they need me?"

"To help save Luke's life." Jace replied.

"No, I told you before. No more downworlder business. We can't be seen interfering with a pack Alpha dispute. How can you ask me-." Alec stopped abruptly. There was a lot of commotion on Jace's end.

"No- just give it- let me. He won't- ," and then finally a loud "JACE GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE."

"H-hello...?" Alec spoke unsurely into his phone.

"ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD. Get your ass here. An innocent werewolf is dying just because he was protecting us. I don't care if its downworlder business. We need your help. I thought you were a man of honour. Do the right thing. Help us." Viola yelled over the phone.

The call ended. Alec stood still for a moment, Viola's words going over his head. "Man of honour"

"Damn it." He muttered and pulled on his jacket.

___________________________

"What's all this for?" Clary asked.

Viola and Clary were in the lounge while Magnus was taking care of Luke. "I'm brewing the base for the potion Magnus' needs," Viola replied. "Here, you stir. I need to go check on Luke and Magnus." She took another flask and poured the blue liquid in it. Clary took over and started stirring the pot gently.

Luke's wounds had been deep but Magnus' and Viola had been able to combine their powers to keep him alive. Now they were counting on Jace and Simon to bring the ingredients and Alec to arrive on time to lend energy.
"Viola, darling come here. Watch over Luke. How's the potion doing?" Magnus' gushed. Without waiting for an answer he went off to the other room and Viola, startled, took a seat near Luke. Her face contorted in concentration, she used her magic to asses the injuries. "Magnus', Clary," She called out. "The venom is spreading. We don't have much time. And my power is too weak to sustain Luke's force for a long time."

Magnus' and Clary walked in as she explained. They had been talking about something serious. The grave expressions both of them wore gave it away. Magnus stayed quiet for some time. "Magnus', it's time. I remember the spell and I- I think I can do it." Viola spoke.

"Absolutely not." He huffed.

"I'll be fine. You've trained me yourself. You know these- these abnormal abilities I have are powerful. Let me try."

Clary looked between the two confused. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

This time it was Magnus' who spoke. "A spell. Powerful and efficient yet it drains you of energy. ....But if Viola thinks she's ready. I think she will be able to carry it."

"I'm ready."

__

The loft was shaking. Viola kneeled over Luke. Clary and Magnus' added the rest of the healing ingredients. Viola's hands were spread over Luke and she was focusing all her power into it. Her eyes glowed amber and smoke unfurled out of her hands. She felt herself grow weak, her body fighting against the urge to stop and sleep. Her eyes closed partially. Viola felt the room sway. Her hands grew weak and she moved back. Her eyes closing slowly and slowly. She knew she couldn't take it anymore. The shaking grew stronger and Viola felt one hand fall by her side. The other was shaking uncontrollably. This was it.