27: Te Amo

"Head on the pillow, I could feel you sneaking in

As if you were a mythical thing

Like you were a trophy or a champion ring

And there was one prize i'd cheat to win."

- Willow, Taylor Swift

<--------->

The clock in the bar struck 12 sending a small "ting" throughout the surprisingly lively bar. It was always a sight to see the hunter's moon swarming with downworlders and shadowhunters alike at this late hour. Viola and Alec, however, we're leaving. Both of them had played snooker, talked, and drunk until Viola had finally yawned and Alec had decided it was time to go home. The girl had offered to make a portal which would have been easier and quicker but Alec insisted on walking. Viola didn't mind. She had always enjoyed walking in the slight breeze of New York when she had first moved here. They had just exited the bar when somebody behind them whistled. Alec turned around quickly and the figure stepped into view. A tanned, brown-eyed girl stood beside them. Her red hair was pulled open over her black low-cut dress. She smiled coldly, fangs sprouting from her sides.

Viola groaned. "Goddamn it. Rosa?"

Alec looked at her, confused.

"She's a vampire. I met her when I first came to explore New York." Viola explained. "Pain in the ass." She added quietly. Rosa made a face at her and turned to Alec. She eyed the way Alec was standing in front of Viola.

"Well, what do we have here?" She spoke, her voice raspy. "Todos aquí conocen el pequeño secreto de tus novias. Es sólo cuestión de tiempo antes de que la clave se entere también."

Alec seemed confused for a moment before he recognized that she was speaking Spanish. "Everyone here knows about your girlfriend's little secret. It's only a matter of time before the clave finds out too" She had said. Alec glared at her.

"The clave knows." He replied.

Viola seemed surprised.

"But how much do they know?" She hissed.

Alec paused, understanding what was going on. . "Ni una palabra." He said threateningly."Not a word."

He turned away from the vampire and Viola followed.

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish," Viola commented.

"One of the perks of being a shadow hunter. You get forced to learn languages." Alec shrugged.

"That sounds like fun. Okay, say something to me in Spanish." Viola asked him, her eyes curious like a Child's. Alec paused.

"Te Amo." He finally said quietly.

Viola looked excited. "What does that mean?"

"It means, "I'm sleepy" Alec replied, grinning.

Viola returned the grin.

"So, where are we headed?" Viola asked Alec as both of them stepped over a puddle of water.

"I..I'm not sure. Where would you like to go?" Alec replied.

"We can go back to the apartment." Viola offered cheerfully.

"I wouldn't want to disturb Magnus. It's pretty late." Alec replied awkwardly.

"Magnus isn't home. He got called to Idris for some sort of protection spell around the wards. It'll be ok."