9: Forsaken

Viola had been throwing up for the past 15 minutes. Magnus had given her a tea and apparently, it had not taken well to her after she had been eating fast food for the past 3 days. Yesterday, she had decided to go stay the night at Magnus' loft so she could find some comfort after the week's hectic events. They had given the pathology report to Maryse and Viola had grabbed an extra shirt and her phone before leaving the institute.

"I regret coming back." Viola said, as she clutched her stomach.

"Mhmm." Magnus said as he handed her the medicine, "And you don't regret living on Mcdonalds for three whole days."

Viola took the medicine and laid down hand on her hand. Magnus watched her for a minute before he spoke, "How are you?" Viola shrugged, "This medicine has an instant effect, so...Better."

Magnus waved his hand around impatiently, "No, Not about that..." he paused. "About Alec getting married."

Viola's eyes widened a little but again, she shrugged, "It's not like its confirm. His parent's are still finding him someone. I'm his friend. I'll obviously support him."

"Right...So making obscene gestures at his parents behind their back is....support?"

Viola reddened and broke into a laugh. "I missed you" she exclaimed but she noticed how Magnus was fidgeting with his shirt and looking restless. She had spent enough time with Tessa and now Magnus, to know when they were hiding something. "Magnus..What aren't you telling me?" She asked suspiciously.

Magnus looked up. "What- No, Makes you say that."

Viola rolled her eyes. 'Come on, your clearly hiding something."

Magnus sighed and looked up at her.

"They found him a wife." He muttered. Viola leaned forward, 'Sorry, didn't catch that."

"They found Alexander a wife." He repeated, a bit louder this time. "What.....Who is it?" Her voice was barely a whisper. Magnus felt pity for her but knew she had to know. Rather him than someone else.

'Lydia Branwell." He said gently. Viola's hands curled into fists by her sides. "THAT LITTLE-"

"Viola- calm down, it isn't her fault." Magnus replied. Viola turned on him accusingly. "How?"

Magnus looked at her, begging himself to stop, but..she had to know.

"I went to give Lydia a briefing on the situation when-...when I-" He sighed.

"Alec proposed to Lydia." He finished finally and looked away as the colour drained from Viola's face.

"Oh." Was all she said. "Oh, that's alright." Magnus got up quietly. "Look, vi, I know you had feeling for him but-" He started softly.

"I felt nothing. He was my friend, that's all. I'm just disappointed he chose Lydia." She interrupted.

She got up and moved to her closet. "I'm going to visit Matt, he's leaving soon."

_____________________________

Matt's foot had not stopped shaking. He was getting really anxious waiting for Viola, who had told him to meet her at the cafe just 10 minutes before. He had ordered a coffee for himself and Viola, a cupcake. Matt looked up expecting the waiter with his order but instead got a bright smile and welcoming gray eyes. He stood up, dropping tissue papers as he did so, and exclaimed, "Viola!"

He looked his friend up and down and saw that she as dressed in a grey, short shirt and simple jeans. Matt felt a flash of nostalgia hit him. Those were the same jeans Viola and him at stitched quotes from Oscar Wilde's books on. You could still see the words dancing beautifully on the blue fabric of her pants. Her voice brought his attention back up. "Matt, thank you for meeting me here.." She smiled but Matt couldn't help notice that it wasn't as genuine as he thought. Something was bothering her.