1

~Meeting one another wasn't just a coincidence, it was something called fate~

I abruptly woke up at the sound of my alarm clock and turned the annoying ringing off. I got out of bed and started getting ready for school once again.
I put on my school uniform and did my morning skincare routine. I was going to miss the next bus if I decided to put makeup on or style my hair so I left my face bare and brushed through my hair quickly.
As I went downstairs to the kitchen, I saw a small sticky note on the fridge.

"Breakfast is on the table, went to work early. See you later at home bby -mom"

I sighed as I sat down and ate quickly. My mom is rarely home because of her busy schedule these days.
I grabbed my headphones and backpack and ran out the door.
It was a quiet morning as fall had just arrived slowly revealing it's beautiful colors on the trees. I admired them as I made myself comfortable on the seat of the bus.
Fall had always been my favorite season. It made me feel at peace somehow seeing the scenery, as the leaves quietly swayed in different motions. The weather also put me in a good mood, maybe that's why I don't like the summertime as much as others do.
As I arrived at Saebom high-school, I saw my 2 best friends Soojin and Sooah waiting for me at the vending machine area.
"Haewon, can you walk any slowerr?" Sooah said sarcastically as I walked up to them.
"Sorry I kept you guys waiting, I overslept and had to go on the second bus" I sheepishly smiled as I rubbed my neck.
"No worries babes, let's go to class. I think it starts in a few minutes," Soojin smiled and ruffled my hair. We goofed around and carried on a small conversation as we walked into the classroom.

Now that I think about it, My two bestfriends have very different personalities from one another. Sooah reminds me of an energy drink that can cheer you up instantly. She knows exactly what to say or do when I'm feeling down.
Soojin is like an expensive wine that is elegant but strong and independent. She knows how to make you feel protected and always takes care of you.
Although their personalities are different, they somehow complete one another once together.
I'm probably in the middle where I can neither be as cheerful as Sooah or as strong as Soojin.

Anyways, we all took our assigned seats and I got my notebook and textbooks out for the day. I swear to god, either these textbooks weigh heavier than dumbbells, or I'm just very weak.

Han Seojun walked in a little later than usual and casually sat down next to me. 
"You're late again Seojun, did your precious bike broke down?" I asked in a playful tone.

"Mind your own business Haewon, I'm not in the mood today" he flicked my forehead and then proceeded to lay his head down on the desk.
As I rubbed my forehead to ease the pain, I secretly looked over at his sleeping form and a smile went on my face unknowingly.
Although we might be at the bickering friendship phase, I'm starting to have a little crush on him.
I know it's too early considering the fact that we met this year, but what can I say, my heart beats fast for this person sleeping next to me.
Plus, who can not fall for his dangerously handsome face.
Just as I was about to brush away a strand of hair that was covering his face, the teacher came in hushing up everyone in the process.
"Class, quiet down and take your seats. You guys have a new student that transferred to this school today."

"Can you please come in?"

As she walked in, everyone, even I, was mesmerized by her appearance. She was really pretty with her doll like eyes and long brown hair.
"Hello, my name is Lim Jukyung, I hope we can all be friends and get along!" She cheerfully said.
She made me want to protect her and put her in my pocket because of her cute aura.
As if reading my thoughts, Seojun looked up at her and had this unexplainable look in his eyes. 
Hmm, weird.

After class ended, I decided to go up to her to introduce myself properly. As I tapped on her shoulder, she jolted a little out of surprise but it quickly turned into a smile as she looked up at me.
"My name is Kang Haewon, and these are my friends Soo ah and Soojin. Nice to meet you Lim Jukyung" I held out my hand and she shook it gently.
"Wow, you're really pretty. I hope we can be friends!" Sooah beamed at her.
Jukyung shyly smiled and we all exchanged our phone numbers.

-Time skip-

During lunch time, I called Jukyung over to sit with us. With her outgoing personality, we all became close pretty fast.
She told me about how she got makeup on Lee Suho's jacket just on her first day of being here. She said she heard that he's known to be the cold prince of the school, but I reassured her that everything will be fine.

When school time was over, I decided to go to the cafe and get myself a drink and do my assignments there. That way, I won't slack off and actually get things done.
Before I knew it, the sun had gone down and the cafe was about to close.  I paid for my drink and began the journey home.
As I was walking past the dark streets, I suddenly saw Seojun running from a bunch of thugs and bumping into Jukyung along the way. He quickly gave her his motorcycle helmet and made a run for it.
Poor girl, she was dazed and didn't know what to do. I ran in the direction Seojun went to see what he was up to.
As I made a turn, I saw him getting surrounded by a few guys our age.
How can I help him out of this mess?
.
.
"Yah! Han Seojun, what have you got yourself into this time" I held in a laugh as the guys saw through his attempts to escape.
Here goes nothing..
"I called the police five minutes ago so if you guys don't want to get caught fighting and using violence, I suggest you get yourselves home."

When they all left I gave Seojun a sharp glare before hitting the back of his head.
"YAH," he groaned as he rubbed his head.
"Payback for what happened this morning you troublemaker"

"Did you really call the police?" He looked at me questioningly.
I shook my head no before laughing at him.

We kept eye contact for a little too long so I broke it off first feeling my cheeks getting warmer.
"Oh by the way, I saw you giving the helmet to our new student, Lim Jukyung. Do you remember?" I crossed my arms and stared at him amusingly.
He gasped in realization before quickly going back to the place he left his motorcycle in an attempt to find the girl with the helmet.
We parted ways and I cautiously went home looking over my surroundings every few minutes. It's never good walking alone late at night, especially if you're a woman.

Once I entered my neighborhood, I dashed home and unlocked the door before going in.
"What took you so long Haewon, I was just about to call you" I heard my mom's voice coming from the living room.

"I was studying!" I said smiling and went upstairs to change.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.