11

"Sit, relax, breathe... There are 1440 minutes in one day, so taking 5 of those minutes to re-energise will not be the end of the world."-unknown
________________________________

Today is the school trip that we have been talking about for the past few days. I packed my bags and wore my outfit for the day.

I applied some sunscreen and a lip tint before going out

I applied some sunscreen and a lip tint before going out. As I reached the school, I saw many students outside waiting for the bus to arrive.
I walked over to my group of friends and we all chatted for a bit.
"Oooo would you look at that. Jukyung and Seojun are wearing matching outfits. I told you guys they were a couple!" One of the students hollered.
When I looked over, they were in fact wearing the same clothes almost as if they had planned it.
Jukyung looked at me in alarm as if telling me to not misunderstand. I gave her a small smile and put my luggage in the bus that just arrived.
Seojun looked unbothered but was probably secretly enjoying it.
We could choose to sit with whomever we wanted on the bus so I let the others pick first. Sooah sat with her boyfriend Taehoon, and Suho sat by Jukyung. Seojun seemed disappointed seeing the pair but he gestured for me to come and sit with him.
"You were kind enough to give me the window seat" I smiled making myself comfortable.
"Do you want to listen to music?" I held out my headphones in front of him.
Before he could say no, I put one in his ear and the other in mine before playing some soft music. The ride to the camping spot was pleasant,
Although I fell asleep through half of it. By the time I had woken up, almost everyone had left the bus.
"Why didn't you wake me up Seojun?" I said as I rushed to put away the headphones.
"You looked peaceful sleeping on my shoulder. I guess it was comfortable since you even drooled a bit"
I quickly brought my hand to my mouth to wipe away any drool but when I felt nothing there, I glared at him. He had an amused expression on and I could tell he was in a playful mood.
We quickly got off the bus and joined the rest of our classmates for lunch.
Afterwards, during the group games, the teachers explained the rules of the game.
"Everyone get into groups of 4. This is called the newspaper game. You are supposed to all use teamwork to stay in the paper. It gets harder each time we fold the newspaper. Whoever stays the longest at the end wins!"
I looked around and saw Soojin with Suho and Jukyung with Seojun. I was about to go sit back down when Jukyung ran up to me. "Good luck!" She winked at me before pushing me towards Seojun.
He obviously was confused why that happened but chose not to say anything. It started off pretty easy and we all huddled up together to fit in the newspaper with another pair.
As they started folding it, Taehoon piggybacked Sooah. Just when I was about to step out of the paper, I felt myself being picked up in a bridal style. I quickly clung on to his jacket not wanting to fall.
"Don't act all flustered haewon. I've already carried you like this before" he smirked over at me and I felt blood rush to my cheeks at his comment.
Suho picked up Soojin as well and we all started once again.
The other pair in our team lost their balance so Suho's team won at the end.
I'm low key glad that Jukyung gave up her spot for me in the game. She was trying to help me become more closer to Seojun. After all, I did tell her that I liked him a while ago.
In the evening, we all decided to start a campfire and make s'mores together.
As I made one for myself, I noticed Seojun sitting far from everyone else. I sneakily went up behind him and peeked over his shoulder. He was texting his mother and asking her if she was doing alright.
It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that Seojun takes care of his family very well. I sat down next to him and handed him a s'more to munch on. He stopped typing for a moment to look up at who was bothering him. Once he saw that it was me, he put away his phone and took what I gave him.
"How has the trip been so far Han Seojun? You feeling alright?" I tilted my head to see his face more clearly.
"Yeah, just not in the mood to join everyone else right now." He lowered his head and started outlining the lines on his palms. I guess it was a way to distract himself from his thoughts. "Instead of looking down Seojun, you should look up instead" I pointed up in the sky and smiled. "The stars look very pretty tonight, don't you think they look brighter here than in the city?"
He nodded before finishing the rest of the snack.
"Let's take a picture together! I just realized we've never taken one before." I pulled out my phone and made a piece sign.

"Here let me hold it, you're too short" he grabbed it from my hands and positioned it better.
"1...2.....3!" He took a few before handing it back to me. I sent the pictures to his phone as well and we spent the rest of the time together in comfortable silence.
On the other hand, Everyone else took turns telling spooky stories and playing The never have I ever game together. It was good seeing everyone getting along for once and forgetting about these love triangles or crushes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It felt good disconnecting from our problems and worries for a while