27

"Where words fail, music speaks"
-Hans Christian Andersen

I carefully placed my gift for Seojun in a bag before heading out the door

I carefully placed my gift for Seojun in a bag before heading out the door. I wanted to be as early as possible so I could meet up with Seojun before he started performing.
I got in my car and typed in the address on my gps. I admit, I'm not very good at memorizing streets and roads so I usually use my gps or map on my phone.
The drive was 20 minutes long and once I arrived, I took deep breaths to calm myself down. I felt nervous when it wasn't even me going up there and singing.
I grabbed the bag for him and my purse before getting out of the car.
I was in fact the first one to come since I only saw the staff running around placing everything in its own order.
I tapped on one of the female's shoulder before asking "Do you know where Han Seojun is at? I needed to give him something before he starts"

She looked at me weirdly before saying "who are you to him specifically?" "I'm his girlfriend, Kang Haewon. Nice to meet you" I smiled and waited for her to lead the way but all she did was laugh.
"Fans can sit down in the seats, we don't need you lying on his debut date"

I was speechless by what she said but it's expected. How would she know if I was lying or not. I took my phone out and called Seojun myself.

"Seojun can you tell me where you are at? I arrived just now." Just as I was about to put him on speaker, I saw him running down the stage and waving his hands at me.

I walked over and into his arms before saying "now that you will be famous, I don't think anyone will believe that I'm in a relationship with you" I pouted and he ran his hands through my hair.
"I'll just publicly announce it then, easy as that baby" I smiled before realizing why I came here early in the first place.
I held out the gift I got for him and he took it curiously. "A gift for your debut Seojunsii. Open it when you have time today."

Before he could thank me I pulled out the stuff I had in my purse earning a laugh from Seojun.
"Here's some peppermint tea and dark chocolate if you're nervous, and here's a stress ball in case you need it. I always see you fidgeting with your fingers when you're nervous so-"
I suddenly felt him lean down and capture my lips softly. It was a small and gentle peck on the lips but enough to cause my heart to go crazy.
"You seem more nervous than me Kang Haewon. All I need is for you and the others to be present to see me perform. That alone will help me with my nervousness"

I gave a quick nod before drinking the peppermint tea I brought for him. He smiled widely seeing my reaction.
"Seojun we need you back here right now" one of the staff called him over so I motioned for him to go.
"I'll be sitting right over there" I pointed at my seat and he nodded before going backstage.
I took my seat and quietly waited for everyone to arrive.
Heekyung unnie came and went directly backstage to Seojun.
The fans also filled the seats quite quickly. Suho and Ju arrived together and took a seat next to me.
Gowoon and Juyoung came and waved at me and Ju excitedly. We waved back and they sat down near the back since they arrived a little late.
I joint called my mom and Seojun's mom together and filled them in on what's going on right now.
Then I took the time to make some storage to record the video of this special day.
Soon the lights dimmed a little and Seojun came out on stage with his guitar.
He looked over at me for a split second before replacing his old microphone with the customized one.
I didn't expect him to use my gift on his special day. This man never fails to surprise me.

Once the music started and he started singing, I knew right then and there, he had captured everyone's heart with his melodic voice.
The emotions he put into his song made me feel emotional and teary eyed.

3rd person pov:

Starlight :

When I close my eyes, you grow so clear
I long for you, who shined
I stayed in your spot for long nights
Let me rest for a moment, let me stay by your side

With a tired heart, with tears
My song blossomed and once it reaches the sky
Slowly come to me as an eternal dream
As a star, by my side

As Seojun sang those lyrics, the flashbacks of all the times him, Seyeon, and Suho spent together came rushing in.

The times where they spent birthdays together.

The times when they spent hours making music with one another.

The times where they swore on their friendship

And the times when Seyeon left them and became a dazzling star in the sky. The light that brought them back from their
darkness at the end.

Suho looked at his friend proudly while trying not to cry. The three of them went through so much together, and it felt like the 3 of them were right here, right now watching Seojun perform.

His next song was more cheerful than Starlight which brought the mood back up almost instantly.

It starts today:
The heart that has been dulled in the pain that has been repeated many times
The smile on my face that I've forgotten is finally coming back

It's starting today
Like I was born again right in my eyes
I'm going to run in the new world

I've been drawing my future one by one
My dreams that I had hoped and hoped for
I'm trying to reach my fingertips

Looking back, all the pain that's gone
Full of my heart
You made me smile when I was piling up.

His gaze landed on the black haired girl as he sang the rest of the song. His inspiration for this song was her, the girl who captured his heart, the girl who brought him out of his heartbreaks and sufferings. She stared right back at him with a smile on her face although there were dried up tears evident on her cheeks.

Once the song came to an end, everyone cheered powerfully for his debut and at that moment,
Seojun felt alive, energized even. This was why he wanted to become a performer.
The feeling when the audience connects to his songs and escapes from reality for a brief moment is what led him to become a singer.
.
.
.
Seyeon. Thank you for always being there for me. I've finally taken on the journey that we both really wanted since we were young.
Please support me from up there as well.
We all miss you
You were and will always be our little bundle of joy
.
.
.
.