6. Crows

Mamoru walked into the arcade with excitement. His expression faded to see a male replacing Usagi.

"Hey, is Usako-I mean Usagi... Is Usagi working today?" He questioned casually putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, well, no. She went to the hospital, and I'm taking her shifts until she's able to come back." The blonde male explained. Mamoru's neck hairs rose with surprise.

"H-Hospital?" He mumbled with shock, and fear.

"T-Thank you for the information, but I have to go." Mamoru said quickly before he rushed out.

"Hey wait-" Motoki was slightly confused. How did Usagi know this man? How did this man know Usagi? Where is he going? So many questions rambled through his head as he got back to work.

-

"I'm so glad I'm off work." Usagi rubbed her temple tiredly.

"I wish I was, being a doctor isn't all that uplifting." Ami tells with a soft smile. The two of them, and Luna walk past a shrine sign. Luna's head perks up from Amis shoulder, and she jumps off landing on her four paws. The two girls stop in place looking back at the black cat.

"What's wrong Luna?" Ami questions.

"Yeah why are you suspiciously looking at the shrine?" Usagi continues. Luna hesitates to answer that she senses a powerful energy from the shrine before two crows fly quickly toward Usagi.

"AH! THERE'RE BACK!" She screams as the two crows peck, and bite her.

"Phobos and Deimos quit it!" A shrine maiden with black hair, and pale skin rushed to the victim Usagi.

"I'm so sorry! They never attack people... I don't know why they're doing this..." She explained. The crows flew to the girls side, and Usagi stood blankly at the three.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Rei Hino." She bows elegantly. The two girls bow as well.

"Do you own this shrine?" Ami questioned.

"Yeah, It was my grandfathers till he passed. I took on the job." Rei explained her welcoming smile fading.

"Just me." She says softly. Ami, and Usagi stayed silent.

"Aren't you... Lonely?" Usagi questioned as Rei shrugged.

"As adults I think we both can relate." Ami tells reassuringly.

"We have jobs, and responsibility. I guess, for me at least, living alone, and having divorced parents as a child, I would be lonely." Rei's petted the crows listening with a nod. For her it was so relatable. Ami was lonely from her parents divorce, Rei's grandfathers death, and Usagi was lonely because of her family, and friends leaving her.

"It's beautiful here." Usagi admitted trying to change the subject a little. Ami, and Rei nodded with agreement. They looked around as the wind gently pushed through the cherry blossom trees, and the chimes of the shrines bells clicking against breeze. The two twin crows squawked softly as the flew freely around the shrine.

"It was nice meeting you, Rei." She told the beautiful shrine maiden.

"We'll come back to see you soon."