8. Relief & React

Mamoru rushed down the sidewalks. He didn't know what to do, or where to go. For some reason this pain twisted at his heart. Concern, and fear seeping in his mind. He needed to know where she was. What hospital she was at in order to stay by her side. He slowed his pace letting out mighty breaths of exhaustion. He looked at a shops glass window seeing his reflection looking back at him. He wore a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and dark navy jeans. His face tired, but still really attractive for his age. He wanted to give up, I mean he only just met the girl, why was he going insane? Mamoru sighed, his hands deep in his pockets, and his back hunched back as he thought hopelessly for answers. He peered a corner to find he was at the library Usagi gave directions to.

-

Usagi groaned tiredly as she walked down the sidewalk slowly, stores to her right, the street to her left.

"Stop groaning, Usagi." Rei snapped with irritation.

"Where are we going anyway?" Usagi questioned with boredom.

"The library." Ami answered bashfully, and quietly, "I wanna check some stuff out."

"R-Really?!" Usagi felt excitement, she could look at the Sailor V comic once more. Ami nodded with fascination.

-

Mamoru entered with a sigh, feeling helpless, and lonely eyeing books, and faces giving second glances hoping it was Usagi healthy, and happy. He slid into the ile of graphic novels just as Usagi was standing the second time they encountered each other. Mamoru turned his head forcefully, he saw a jet black haired girl, a short blue haired girl, and a blonde haired girl. He recognized the unique style anywhere.

"What are you looking for again, Ami?" The blonde Usagi groaned.

"Scientific Non-fictional books." Ami, the blue haired girl, replied softly.

"B-Bun hea-" He shouted at a whisper tone. The three girls turned to face him with startled confused looks.

"You know him...?" Ami asked Usagi, the black long haired girl looked at Mamoru as if he was an alien.

"Mamo? I mean-Mamoru-Bun he-I-" The black haired girl smirked at Usagi's stutters.

"So your Usagis boyfriend, when did you two meet?" She said with a raised an eyebrow.

"Rei-No-He's not-Shut up!" She poked the blacked haired girl, Rei, firmly.

"No, it's fine. Usako, and I met not to long ago." Mamoru told with a smile patting Usagi's head as she crossed her arms, and pouted cutely.

"Oh really, we met her not to long ago either." Ami told softly.

"I heard Usagi went to the hospital, and I got worried is all. Sorry if I scared you." He apologized, and Usagi blushed lightly.

"I'm fine, It's fine, Okay, guys lets get that science non-whats it book Ami needs," Usagi grasped her friends wrists, and pulled them along, "Bye Mamo-Mamo-ru." She said as she hurried away, her friends behind her. Mamoru sighed with relief, now he knew she was alright.

-

As Ami, and Rei scanned bookshelves Usagi sat on a wood table kicking her feet as she blushed madly.

"That was so embarrassing..." She muttered with a pout. She looked at the flyers, and papers sitting in stacks next to her. Each in different colors neatly pilled. She picked one up reading it slowly as her friends kept searching. Usagis eyes started to sparkle as she kept reading the flyer.

"A masquerade ball?" She bit her lip, and squealed softly.

"What are you fangirling over?" Rei asked sitting in a chair at the table, and Ami did the same as she hugged the book she had found

"A masquerade ball!" Usagi repeated handing the two each a flyer, "its happening in-"

"You're excited about a ball," Ami interrupted, "don't you think we're to old for these kinds of things..."

"We're only 20, Ami, we aren't that old."

"Well I guess your right, but don't we have to find the princess."

"Maybe we'll find her there!" Usagi pointed out with enthusiasm.

"Well..."

"Come on Ami!" Rei, and Usagi whined in unison.

"Alright. I guess it-"

"YAY!" The two girls highfived each other adorably, and Ami giggled.