Princess of Night (ch 17)

I hurriedly wiped off the orange bronzer that were caked on my cheeks and applied a spot of my own foundation while Rachelle pottered around in her bathroom.

"You have no good make up. You're lucky I brought mine," she said.

I rolled my eyes behind her back and put on some peach lipstick.

Luckily Rachelle was pretty good at eye make up. My eyes were lined in black with a smoky black eyeshadow.

I smacked my lips together and blinked at the mirror. Rachelle came back in and glanced at me. "Are you ready?"

I nodded and grabbed my bag, which contained my mobile, lipgloss and a few pounds change. I followed Rachelle down the grand staircase of her mansion. It was a beautiful house, but a little too ornate for me. I had to watch where I walked in case I knocked over one of the expensive looking ornaments or vases that were almost everywhere I looked. On the ceiling in the hall, a gilded chandelier was suspended, the crystal droplets so fragile looking.

Rachelle opened the door and waved me out. Outside was a black stretch limo. I squeaked in excitement. Being rich had its benefits. I opened the door and climbed in. Rachelle's minions were tittering amongst themselves and her boyfriend Harry was sitting awkwardly at the back. I gave him a sympathetic look and he smiled.

Rachelle got in and shimmied beside Harry, her bright pink glittery dress reflecting the flashing lights of the limo.

"Hi, Ashleeeee, that dress is sooo nice on you," Jenny, one of Rachelle's minions, said.

"Thanks, you can call me Ash, by the way," I replied.

The minions giggled at one of their own jokes obviously.

The rest of the journey was fairly uneventful. One of the minions, Faye, ripped her dress up the side and threw a tantrum.

When we arrived, Faye wouldn't get out of the car - she was in tears by this point - and ordered the chauffer to drive her home.

"Thanks for.." I said to Rachelle.

She interrupted. "No, no. It was no problem. I'm glad you value my expertees."

Well, I wouldn't say that...I thought.

We entered the school hall and Rachelle drifted away into the crowd.

The dance music filled the air and the disco lights flashed across the walls of the school hall. I went up to the front where the DJ was and poured myself a cup of coke. I also grabbed a plate and piled it with cocktail sausage rolls, crisps and top-hat buns.

"You're hungry," Neil said from behind me. He was dressed in a black leather jacket and dark jeans. He pulled my hair over to one side of my face and ran his finger along the back of my neck, sending a shiver up my spine.

"I'm getting a bit of deja vu..." I said, remembering the spring soiree when I first saw Neil. "How did you know my name?"

Neil frowned. "What??"

"When I first met you, you called me Ash, and I hadn't even told you my name by that point," I said. The confusion entered my mind again.

"Yes.." he said slowly. "You told me your name after I told you mine.."

I accepted his answer. Obviously I had been wrong....

***************************

Thanks!!

U kno what 2 do! Comment!!!!